Jeans at dinner on the Dawn?

Sail Happy

I have never packed jeans for any cruise....they too hot for the tropics and too bulky and heavy for my suitcase. Even if I could wear them I don't think I would....they just don't seem practical especially in the hotter climates. :)

Forgive me in advance for my opinion.

I have not worn jeans to dinner on any of my cruises and I do not plan on wearing jeans on my next Dawn cruise. With that said, I can't imagine why anyone would be offended if someone was at the next table to them who had jeans on. I do not spend my dinner looking at what the next person has on. My companions and my food are what counts.

Jeanne

i agree 100%.....it`s up to the ship to inforce the rules,not me....

but~if im effected like books on seats at the pool with no one in sight,then ill inforce them.

I have another ? if they are not as strict with the jeans what about a button down shirt? Can my dh wear a nice shirt that isn't button down?
I think this is the reason why people are so passionate about the dress issue. Let's say they've relaxed the jeans rule...now people want to relax other rules. I think that's how we've ended up with many peole wearing jeans. No one wanted to follow what seems to be a relatively easy guideline to follow so why not go all the way and let everyone wear whatever they want.

I think this is the reason why people are so passionate about the dress issue. Let's say they've relaxed the jeans rule...now people want to relax other rules. I think that's how we've ended up with many peole wearing jeans. No one wanted to follow what seems to be a relatively easy guideline to follow so why not go all the way and let everyone wear whatever they want.

Bingo ! jeans no jeans is an easy decision for a crew member. After that what is the line for resort casual. Collar no collar. It has to be definitive or we will all be in beachware for dinner before to long.

I don't care about jeans. I have seen some people that look great in jeans for dinner. I just don't want the whole crowd to turn into dinner at the Golden Arches. A few people that can not figure out resort casual no problem. A dinning room full ruins the view. Let's face it we are all part of the decoration for the evening meal.

The real question where does it stop. If NCl wants to evolve into a casual all the time cruise line. That's fine. I just want to know what I am paying for.

Archived