9/2 Legend Italian Idyll

glenr

Hi,

Sailing smaller Seabourn ship again after our last cruise on the larger one. I would be interested in anyone who has sailed this itinerary and hearing about the likes/dislikes on any of the shore excursions. We sometimes use the ships and othertimes just play it by ear at the pier. In Sorrento we are thinking of getting a private car for the day to go up to Positano, etc. The other days are wide open. Any suggestions appreciated.

I can only suggest that until the pricing gets straightened out, I recommend hiring a private car/driver independently from Seabourn.

For example, the price for 4 hours for a car and driver in Reykjavik from Seabourn is $770. I have engaged a service for 5 hours including lunch for $435.

Check the Ports of Call forum on CC for some recommendations, if no one has one here.

Jane,

No doubt. We booked a car for the day in Sorrento independently of Seabourn and the cost is 280E. I believe the cost through Seabourn was 3 to 4 times that. I really don't understand these differences. It's kind of a turn off actually.

>"I really don't understand these differences."

As I understand it, there are glitches on many levels and the new management team is taking it under advisement. I am hoping for the best. Last autumn, i never paid more than $100/hour for an independent tour thru Seabourn.

>" I have engaged a service for 5 hours including lunch for $435. "

I mis-quoted, and it's $435 Euros but including lunch and another hour, it's still cheaper than Seabourn.

Wish I could blame it on getting used to my new 'cheater' glasses post cataract surgeries. But I can't do that.

Archived