Alaskatravel ?

mattyboy

Has anybody used Alaskatravel.com for pre or post cruise tours. Would welcome all comments pro and con. Their pricing seems very good but concerned about their reliability.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Has anybody used Alaskatravel.com for pre or post cruise tours. Would welcome all comments pro and con. Their pricing seems very good but concerned about their reliability.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

After researching all the cruisetours available and knowing that we didn't want to drive or make any major choices once we arrived, I picked Alaska Tour and Travel to set up our trip. It was our first ever cruise.

We used them for our entire land tour before our cruise. We used their menu system to put together only the things we were interested in. I picked out what I wanted ahead of time then called and made a reservation. You could make any changes you wanted up until the final payment time. After that, they mailed me a complete itinerary with vouchers for all the things we had chosen, transportation included. The people I talked to and e-mailed were helpful and considerate. All vouchers were accepted without any faces or being treated like a second-class citizen. They also honored any new specials and made adjustments to our bottom line total up until the final payment time, too.

Hubby said it was the best of both worlds since we had some choices on transportation and accommodations, complete control on how many days in each place, were pre-booked and we had a clear itinerary with times and contacts preset, but we weren't on a rush, rush, moo, moo tour.

If you start with one of their pre-set tours when you are planning it gives you an idea of the times and connections available, then you can start dropping and adding days, accommodations, attractions, etc.

If you are interested, I posted my photobook of our tour in place of a review and it gives a pretty good idea of what/where.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1361811

Archived