Renting bicycles

ehnotsomuch

How hard is it to find a reputable place to rent bicycles? We'd just like to ride around for a bit, maybe see some sights, check out the beaches. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quite often our guests want to bicycle tour and we discourage it.

I don't know if you've been here before, but if you haven't, bicycling on the west coast (Bridgetown) is very difficult. The streets are narrow. No bike lanes and lots of traffic.

Our east coast and central/northern interior are where you want to be on a bike.

Our guests have tried Highland Adventure Centre on many an occasion and have been quite pleased.

Check it out. I think it would be much better than just renting a bike in St. Michaels and being terrified all day.

http://www.barbadosbarbados.com/Highland-Adventure-biking-riding-barbados.cfm?linkId=18

I have no interest in this establishment other than the fact that they will offer you a grand day on the island and maybe you'll come back again, yes? :) :) :)

They're maybe two miles north and two miles east of the pier; almost the middle of the island.

You could certainly do it by taxi, or EM them and they may offer a pickup!

They also offer horseback rides which are wonderful (sez my wife) that go down to the east coast secluded beaches from their origin in the cane fields of the central/north interior (beautiful country about 1,000 foot elevation with our famous Black Bellied Sheep and sugar cane fields). You can see the Atlantic Ocean from many spots there. It is breathtaking, even for an old quasi-tourist like me.

Our guests (usually family) come back every year and do all of the tours. Most say that they have enjoyed the horseback rides from Highland more than the turtle tours. The bike rides are a close second, they tell me. I'm just the messenger here, I don't ride horses or bike anymore. Still scuba, though. :)

I know it may be a little more trouble and expense than just renting a bike in B-town, but I believe it could be the highlight of your cruise.

My Best, as always.

-b- :) :) :)

Archived