Is Carnival for us?

dawnie216

I think you will be fine on Carnival. One thing I will say is a 3 or 4 day cruise seems to have more party people on them, while the longer cruises don't. Still even then, you never really saw any one obnoxious or terribly drunk (well I didn't anyway). As for the wedding, I have seen one wedding party on the boat and they got married before the boat left. That way, there were certain people let on for the wedding that didn't sail. I'm sure there were others but I never really noticed. Personally, I can't beat the price of Carnival, and I think they have something for everyone.

If people want to really party, they don't cruise, where you pay $5 for a beer. They go to a cheap AI resort in Cancun where all alcohol is included. They drink from 9 AM til 3 AM everyday. It would cost $1000 a day to do that on a ship.

I think you'll both love a Carnival cruise!

Well stated kroozers!!! We cruise just for the joy of cruising. We do drink a little, gamble a little and have a lot of fun. A cruise is what you make of it for yourself. We have some cruisers with us who spend that $5.00 per beer and do not care because they are not the ones who start at 9am and go to 3am. Well, maybe one or two.:rolleyes:

We have cruised on most cruise lines and overall, Carnival appeals to us for many reasons. Cabin size is larger, food is very good, the entertainment is the best on the seas and staff takes very good care of you. We like RCCL for the ships decor and layout. Their promenade decks are superior over any. But....their cabins are smaller and we always travel with a group and like to get our balcony cabins together and open up the partitions to share one long balcony. You cannot do that on RCCL. So....that is a big reason to stay with CCL.

But....am curious as to some here who say they loved the Miracle. I have been on many CCL ships and loved all of them EXCEPT the Miracle. Could not stand to be in the dining room with the pink pepto tablets hanging from the ceiling. And....the layout of the lido deck buffet was different than the other ships. Very difficult to get around in. But, that is just my humble oppinion.

Go..........enjoy a CCL cruise, and make your own decision.

I hope he pops the question!!!! Congrats for when he does.

Look into the Legend out of Tampa. You can get a 7 day cruise with for 4 ports of call for a really decent price. The ship is easy to get around and it did not seem to be overly crowded. There was a nice mix of age groups and plenty of activities to do on board. The Legend also has a steakhouse where you can enjoy a nice romantic meal. Tampa is a great port to sail out of and you will find that hotel prices are very resonable as well. If you do some research, you may be able to get a hotel on the water for a nice pre-cruise stay. What ever you decide, good luck and have a great cruise. :)

I had the same worry before my first Carnival Cruise because I don't drink and don't really like to be around fall down drunks. I had heard of their reputation. Boy was it wrong!! I had a wonderful time! The crew was great! The food was great!! I am so looking forward to my next cruise. You all will have a great time and like someone else said your vacation is what you make it. I also LOVE the cost!! It fits into my budget better!!!

Archived