Barcelona Recommendations?

Baileygirls

Thank you all for this great information. I am traveling solo and did not know about the taxi problem. I do know there is a lot of crime there against travelers.

http://www.airbnb.com/search/?locati...#modified=true

I leave in a week for 5 nights in Barcelona. I have a Balcony Flat. On this website, there are 1800 places in BCN. Very reasonable and safe.

I stayed with a Host in London in August a couple of blocks from Big Ben for < $100 a night.

Great website. U can see photos and read reviews of travelers who have stayed with these Hosts. You can see the location on a map. You can e-mail with the Host before booking and Hosts are rated on their response rate.

$66 a night. Look at the photos of my Flat:

"Room with a View, Bcn City Center - 200 m to la RAMBLA.

Large rooms in Barcelona Old quarter, two of them: one with a double bed and one with two single beds, connected by a wide door. Both of them have a balcony overlooking Rambla del Raval. You can rent one or the both of them. Price above is per room/night. Special discount when renting both of them. The apartment is just 400 m to the harbor. Nice balcony and view. Live and beautiful area, close to main culture places, museums, restaurants and bars. third floor. elevator."

http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/70099

I just returned from a cruise on the Carnival Magic and we stayed at the Renaissance Marriot by the airport, it was about 20 minutes from the port and they offer free shuttles to the airport, Las Rambles and other locations, worked out great. I can also recommend a great tour company that we used that did an outstanding job and was very reasonable.:)

• 1 month later...

We, too, spent a night at the Renaissance Barcelona airport hotel and didn't know in advance that they do offer pick up and delivery to the port area. I believe it was 12 Euros per person. Because we only had the day we pre-booked a tour to Montserrat online and that company picked us up from our Oceania cruise in late September upon disembarkation.

I imagine if you want the pick up you'll need to fax or email the Renaissance and get the specifics from them. Marriott's toll free reservations number can give you the email address to send your request.

Archived