A Few Questions about Spirit...help please

Such great information here, thanks to everyone who gives thier comments/advice.

I am a little confuse though:( as am not sure what applies to the Spirit and what applies to the Dream. Went out and bought a flask as thought I had read no tea making facilities on the Dream. Am I right?:confused:

Have been back for some weeks now but thought i'd just add a few comments. Stayed on Eagle Deck and the cabins were super really quite big with 2 double wardrobes and loads of drawer space- more than hotels we have stayed in!

Sheets changed frequently, rooms cleaned exceptionally well. You could hear a little noise from the sunbeds being moved in the mornings sometimes- didnt really notice it. Thought i'd miss not having a cuppa first thing, but actually didn't as got up and went to lido. Teabags are weak so had 2 to a mug. Coffee from machine was weak so I bought a small tin of nescafe in Kotor and used this for the rest of the trip. ( I do like to my coffee quite strong though)

To be honest you dont spend much time in the cabin. I lkie to be on deck or in one of the bars- that's what's so great about a cruise and when there isn't a balcony you do tend to leave your room more than when you have one.

The food was great, AI drinks included well known brands or you could pay a supplement if you wanted Courvoisier, for example. Lots of cocktails were free(AI) and Sambucca.

Koper was okay VERy cheap clothes and shoes. Would do a trip next time. Venice was super- arrived late and stayed over night as there was engine trouble in Koper so delayed getting there. You need to get up early as it is very crowded later in the day. We caught a launch and got a gondola independently cost 100 euros but three were 6 of us so not too bad. Just gotta do it! I'd heard stories of Venice being expensive but we didnt find that to be so at all. Saw a lovely little leather bag close to one of the bridges for 15 euro- wish I'd bought it- week later in Katakolon saw same one for 29 Euros!

Missed Split because of the delay but we had compensation- Good on you Thomson!.

Dubrovnik caught bus to walled city and walked the wall really beautiful sights. Got taxi back as we were worn out !

Ag Nik in Crete was reasonably priced walked by inland lake then down to beach about 10 minutes. It was beautiful.

Mykonos was beautiful . Went on trip to beach - it isnt sandy so if your kids want to build sandcastles you wont be able to cos its very coarse- okay for our purposes. Great for snorkelling. It's a must to walk round the little streets- but you can easily get lost!! Just check which direction the sun is to navigate your way.

Turkey was HOT- the boat trip was good. Stopped at a beach- bit coarse . Two stops in deep water for people to jump off- I always find it a bit unnerving- people jumping form all different heights and parts of the boat whilst some swimmers floundering in the sea and then trying to clamber back

on board! Nice lunch provided.

Piraeus - dont bother with the town. Stay on board or do a trip.

Katakolon- same! One street with shops opened just for cruise ships and very expensive. No beach really. We didnt book beach trip but wish we had.

All the bar staff were very friendly, especially on the last night when we were tipping!!

One niggle was there was no dancing until the show had finished which was really quite late.Although i liked sitting out on deck next to the bar- there was no music outside apart from a couple of nights.

The ship was very busy on Sea days- but I think most people got a bed- I think some people even managed 2!! One in the shade and one in the Sun- Some people think the're special dont they!

It's a shame the Spirit is changing next year and no one seems to be visiiting Kotor.

Not sure what next cruise will be- but the Adriatic is somewhere i'd definitely like to revisit- perhaps on a small cuise ship around the islands near Dubrovnik.

Any ideas anyone.??

Went out and bought a flask as thought I had read no tea making facilities on the Dream. Am I right?:confused:

Yes you're right, there are no tea/coffee making facilities in the cabins on any Thomson ship. However, tea and coffee is freely available from the buffet restaurants 24 hrs a day, just help yourself. The coffee isnt very nice but you can make your own using the Nescafe sachets.

Archived