Breakfast?

uptheboro

Bayside is the place to go for breakfast. You'll be there for Sunday morning, correct? Not sure exactly what time things will open up but when we sailed on the Triumph two years ago, we walked over on a Sunday morning from the Hyattaround 8:00 a.m. or so...things were just opening up and by 8:30, lots of cruisers out and about looking for breakfast. The food court has several places for breakfast from eggs to pastries. There is also a Starbucks at Bayside as well. That was the busiest place of all! Enjoy!! The Hotel Intercontinetal is beautiful and it's great being so close to Bayside and right on Biscayne Bay!

Hi,

So glad to find another English family going on NOS. We only booked in February after seeing the cruise on "Wish You Were Here." This will be our first cruise also. For our second week we are staying at the "Animal Kingdom Lodge" at Disney. We are also Florida fanatics. My son, Ryan, is also 11 and hopefully will see your daughters in the kids club.

Have you booked any RCI excursions? What time is your BA flight, I think ours is around 9:50 in the morning, but we only live about 30 minutes from Heathrow Airport.

Jo.T:D

Hi Jo.T

Good to hear from you. Our flight times are 0950 from Newcastle to Heathrow,then 1340 from Heathrow arriving 1755 Miami. The earlier flight that you are on would have been better, but as we are an hour from Newcastle, it would have meant a very early start. I didn't see the feature on "Wish You Were Here", but I would have liked to. We are celebrating Terry (hubby) 50th, my dad's 75th this year, and while we are away we will have our 15th wedding anniversary, and Lucy, our youngest, will have her 10th birthday!! Are you cruising for a specaial occasion or was it something you have been thinking of for a while. How did you come to choose the Grand Suite? We chose the family cabin because we got three very good child reductions. We had originally thought we would have to go in 2 cabins and pay 4 adult fares and one child- having three kids makes things like booking holidays difficult at times. This is one of the reasons why we go to Florida so often- scheduled airlines have no restrictions on child fares, and the villas are excellent for larger families, especially when a large group of us go together.

The Animal Kingdom lodge looks great. We saw it when we were there last summer. Are you planning on driving to Orlando, or are you thinking of flying? We flew from Miami to Orlando once. It takes about 3/4 hour.

We have opted for late seating. I like the idea of being able to stay out on deck for a little bit longer, watching sailaway etc, without rushing to be ready for dinner. If the kids want to go to the kid's club, they can eat earlier, or if they want to eat with us they can. I am so excited about this cruise. As yet we haven't booked any excursions, but we are thinking about what we want to do. Dunn's River Falls is a must, as is Paradise Beach in Cozumel. I quite like the idea of River Tubing in Jamaica too. I am also looking for a dolphin swim as a birthday surprise for Lucy. I would like it as close as possible to her birthday, so it willl need to be at the end of the Eastern week.

Fran

Archived