Freedom of the Seas Cabin 7708

grbgmth

• 8 months later...

DH and I had 1702 last fall...LOVED that room...want to book it the next time we're on her. Great view, no one looking down onto our balcony [as we were right under the WJ, and no noise] our room was almost as big as some of the JS's we saw...and twice the balcony as JS's on the sides of the ship...couldn't have asked for better! You'll love the aft, DH talked me into trying it, would do an aft again in a heart beat...very quiet back there really, no traffic in the halls unless it's other aft passengers.

• 4 months later...
We just got off Freedom and enjoyed 7708 for 7 nights. LOVED the room. Here's some photos of us occupying the room. https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=c977d854e993ac88&resid=C977D854E993AC88!131&parid=C977D854E993AC88!114&authkey=!ALv-TPxp1fm16T4

Great pics of 7708! We are sailing on FoS Sept 30 and were literally just able to transfer to 7408, it was not available a week ago. Can't wait!

You will love 7408 on FOS, we have been in that room 3 times!!! Next time in march!! Can't wait! Enjoy!!!!!

Thanks! I didn't even know about this unique stateroom until I started poking around the last few months and found the reviews. It sounds perfect. This will be our first time in an aft cabin, I hear you either like it or you don't. I think we will.

Wow, you got lucky. Enjoy!!!!

Thanks! You are right, we got lucky. I didn't even think about an aft balcony until I started poking around a few months ago. After seeing all of the good things people were saying about the experience, decided to try and change to aft, none were available though. Checked about a week ago and 6710 and 8412 were available, based on reviews we switched from our side balcony to 8412. On a whim, I checked yesterday and 7408 had become available and we grabbed it, so timing is everything. Now I just need to score a cabana on Labadee for our anniversary to surprise my wife and I'll be "good-ta-go" as my Marine son always says.

@ Spicester, all I can say is "WOW!" Great pics! I can't wait to get onboard. No long flights for us... 45 minute drive to the port, park the car and board. Your pics of the Med are great!

Thanks! You are right, we got lucky. I didn't even think about an aft balcony until I started poking around a few months ago. After seeing all of the good things people were saying about the experience, decided to try and change to aft, none were available though. Checked about a week ago and 6710 and 8412 were available, based on reviews we switched from our side balcony to 8412. On a whim, I checked yesterday and 7408 had become available and we grabbed it, so timing is everything. Now I just need to score a cabana on Labadee for our anniversary to surprise my wife and I'll be "good-ta-go" as my Marine son always says.

You know, anyone can rent a cabana at Nellies Beach on Labadee under your reservation on the RC website. ;) My son is a new Marine. He went to Boot Camp last December.

I see loungers! I had heard that Liberty of the Seas stopped allowing loungers on the aft balconies.

You know, anyone can rent a cabana at Nellies Beach on Labadee under your reservation on the RC website. ;) My son is a new Marine. He went to Boot Camp last December.

@ CruiseLover15 - Thanks, I've been checking the shore excursion reservation section for Labadee for the last month when I first heard about the cabanas, but it always says "Inquire Onboard" instead of "Reserve Now". I'm going to keep checking daily between now and our departure date of 9/30 in case it opens up. I may just have to head right to the excursion desk when I get on board, I'll also look into getting put on the waiting list for the Barefoot Beach Club cabanas in case there are any left after the suite guests have their chance to get them. CONGRATULATIONS on the new Marine! Semper Fidelis! Parris Island or San Diego? My son has been in for 6 years.

I see loungers! I had heard that Liberty of the Seas stopped allowing loungers on the aft balconies.

I had thought so too, so I didn't hold out much hope of getting any. We asked our staterrom attendant nicely if there was any way to get one lounger. He said he would ask his supervisor and did we want one or two. When we came back from our muster drill, there they were. I tracked down our attendant to give him a big thank you and an extra tip. It was wonderful to have the loungers:D

I had thought so too, so I didn't hold out much hope of getting any. We asked our staterrom attendant nicely if there was any way to get one lounger. He said he would ask his supervisor and did we want one or two. When we came back from our muster drill, there they were. I tracked down our attendant to give him a big thank you and an extra tip. It was wonderful to have the loungers:D

We were on Freedom, 7708, in May of this year and loungers were there without having to ask for them.

TIm

• 3 weeks later...