Constellation 6/18/05- Baltic/Russia

Bayotter

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We will be travelling with the Pied Piper group 6/18/05 on the Constellation. Will anyone on this board be joining us?

We are 2 guys from Buenos Aires, Argentina and were delighted when we found out Pied Piper was having a group on board the June 18th. sailing. Do you know how many in the group? Any Spanish speaking travelers?

Glad to hear you guys will be joining our ship. I was told that there will be about 65 guys in the Pied Piper group. I know that 2 guys are from the Yucatan in Mexico, and a friend of ours who travels often to Argentina will be on board. He speaks fluent Spanish. His name is Rick. My name is Jamie, and my partner's name is Marc. We (including Rick) are all from San Clemente, California (near Los Angeles). What are your names? We hope to meet you on board the Constellation.

Glad to hear you guys will be joining our ship. I was told that there will be about 65 guys in the Pied Piper group. I know that 2 guys are from the Yucatan in Mexico, and a friend of ours who travels often to Argentina will be on board. He speaks fluent Spanish. His name is Rick. My name is Jamie, and my partner's name is Marc. We (including Rick) are all from San Clemente, California (near Los Angeles). What are your names? We hope to meet you on board the Constellation.

jamie:

Thanks for answering... Mi name is Jorge (they call me George) and my roommate's name is Carlos. I used to live in LA, so I am fluent in English, and Carlos knows some English also ... We should not have any problems ... language wise. I am also looking forward to meeting you on board and hopefully there'll be some fun people among those 65 group members ... plus the usual 10%. Have you made any arrangments for St. Petersburg?

JORGE

Hello Jorge and Carlos,

We have made our arrangements for St. Petersburg. The first day we are flying to Moscow for the day with a Celebrity shore excursion. The second day we have made arrangements for a private tour with a company called Red October. (They are mentioned all over Cruise Critic.) A lot of cruise ship passsengers use this company for tours rather than the cruise lines. The cost can work out better, and you are on a private tour rather than a large group from the ship. Of course the more people you have in your private group, the lower the cost per person.

We are in an unusual position this trip. My parents are celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary and are coming along with the Pied Piper group. Since Marc and I like to have "fun" (we are in an open relationship and my parents don't know that) there will be a bit of a challenge this time. My parents are a lot of fun though. My mother is a retired lawyer and my father a retired teacher, so they can be quite interesting at times. Our friend Rick brought his parents on a South America cruise with Pied Piper last year.

Have you made any arrangements for this trip yet?

Jamie (and Marc)

Hello Jorge and Carlos,

We have made our arrangements for St. Petersburg. The first day we are flying to Moscow for the day with a Celebrity shore excursion. The second day we have made arrangements for a private tour with a company called Red October. (They are mentioned all over Cruise Critic.) A lot of cruise ship passsengers use this company for tours rather than the cruise lines. The cost can work out better, and you are on a private tour rather than a large group from the ship. Of course the more people you have in your private group, the lower the cost per person.

We are in an unusual position this trip. My parents are celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary and are coming along with the Pied Piper group. Since Marc and I like to have "fun" (we are in an open relationship and my parents don't know that) there will be a bit of a challenge this time. My parents are a lot of fun though. My mother is a retired lawyer and my father a retired teacher, so they can be quite interesting at times. Our friend Rick brought his parents on a South America cruise with Pied Piper last year.

Have you made any arrangements for this trip yet?

Jamie (and Marc)

I think it's great you are traveling with your parents ... (and sharing details of your private doings... JAJAJAJA!). When I said fun people, I did not mean necessarily mean that kind of "fun" ... but you never know... . We are trying to contact a guide in St. Petersburg some friends recommended, and we have not made any arrangements yet. I've checked with Red October but have not decided yet .... Personally, I prefer doing port activities on my own also. My personal email is potrazo2000@hotmail.com. Hope to hear from you. Take care.

GEORGE

Archived