Scuba in Roatan ...

stillcruisin'

My husband and I want to try the Discover Scuba in Roatan and would like some opinions about which company is best to use. After researching, we found a little info on Barefoot Divers, Bananarama, Island Marketing, Atlantic Sea Divers, and West End Divers. Which one should we choose?! If you have used any of these dive companies, we would love to hear about your experience. Thanks!

My husband and I want to try the Discover Scuba in Roatan and would like some opinions about which company is best to use. After researching' date=' we found a little info on Barefoot Divers, Bananarama, Island Marketing, Atlantic Sea Divers, and West End Divers. Which one should we choose?! If you have used any of these dive companies, we would love to hear about your experience. Thanks![/quote']

I can speak for Barefoot. They are an awesome dive operator

Another recommendation for Barefoot. They've got a great operation. Great dive masters, equipment, facilities, food, location, etc.

My son and I dove with them in July and am ready to move down there and use them as my go to dive operators. Now, I've just got to win the Powerball. :D

Okay, so it sounds like we've narrowed it down to Bananarama or Barefoot, based on your recommendations. (Thank you! :)) Is one company better than the other? Which one takes you to a more beautiful site for your dive? It looks like a choice between West Bay and Barefoot Cay. Any opinions?

The diving is beautiful at both places. What may be more important is what time does your ship leave? If you come in at Mahogany Bay, Barefoot Divers are about 5 minutes by taxi, whereas Bananarama is 30 minutes. What time does your ship arrive? You also have to coordinate with the shops' diving schedules. Again, Barefoot Divers will be easier because of the distance involved.

I would love to go back and dive at Bananarama but the last two times I was at Roatan, the ship left at 3 or 4 pm. That cut it too close to safely get in a two-tank dive. Plus, the one time I was at Bananarama, the brakes on their vehicle burned up and the driver had to hail a taxi for me, which stopped for gas and to pick up and drop off locals all over on the way to the terminal. I was really sweating getting back to the ship on time, but I did make it.

Advise please...

Going to Roatan and wondering if we should book scuba thru Carnival or go with Barefoot or Bananarama? I don't dive because there's a shark in New Zealand that will know I'm in the ocean and come eat me :eek: so DH, who is certified (do you blame him..he's married to a woman that thinks a shark will swim from NZ and eat her), will have to buddy up with someone...i guess that's how it's done.

Anyway, Carnival or outside company but need one that I can maybe go on too and just hang.

Thanks! :D

I am heading to Roatan on the NCL Star on 1 Novemeber. There are four in our party. 2 divers and 2 non divers. I've had a few emails with Bananarama. They require a minimum of 4 divers for the boat to go out. They can' t guarantee that I will be able to dive when I get there unless 2 other divers book ahead of time. That's not sitting well with me. I'd hate to get there and then get stuck reading a book on the beach (no offense to beach lovers). Does anyone know if Barefoot has the same policy?

I am heading to Roatan on the NCL Star on 1 Novemeber. There are four in our party. 2 divers and 2 non divers. I've had a few emails with Bananarama. They require a minimum of 4 divers for the boat to go out. They can' t guarantee that I will be able to dive when I get there unless 2 other divers book ahead of time. That's not sitting well with me. I'd hate to get there and then get stuck reading a book on the beach (no offense to beach lovers). Does anyone know if Barefoot has the same policy?

My son and I dove with Barefoot and we were the only 2 paying on the first dive. We had 2 divemasters, one that led and the other that followed. They didn't have a minimum number required when we booked either.

On our second dive, one of our original DM's got a chance to go on a shark dive, so my son and I went with another group (2 women) and a different instructor. We still had the other DM with us as well. Kind of confusing to follow, but just showing that they were extremely accomodating.

The DM that was following in the group took my camera a lot of the time, and got me some pretty good pics as well. I took like the first 10 pics and they took like the next 40-50.

http://community.webshots.com/user/sparkinatorST

• 4 weeks later...

Our family dove with West End Divers. They re-arranged their dive schedule to accommodate us, arranged our round trip transportation, provided dive guides for the divers and snorkel guides for the others. Really helpful operation, great staff. westenddivers@gmail.com

Archived