Carnival Magic - 12 Days in Med review....

TheCaveman

That evening, we had a nice dinner, and afterwards we had a drink.

the beer only comes in 1 size here, and that is HUGE....

DSC05389.jpg

DSC05390.jpg

DSC05391.jpg

After all this, we went back to teh hotel, after 15 long days, and we had to get readdy, as tomorrow we were flying home....

So, we woke up, had another nice breakfast at the hotel, and called a Taxi to take us to the airport….

At the airport, like we usually go, we got some duty free, as Ireland is soooooooooooo expensive.

One thing we like about Spain is, that you can buy certain things that you cant buy in Ireland, in about any shop. We got one of these at the airport

eeeeeeeee.jpg

Enjoyed your review, we have done the transatlantics on R C L from Barcelona to Miami. Good overview of Barcelona. Love Ireland it is our favourite destination. Oh did you enjoy the book on Kindle ? I just finished reading it I like most of John Grishams stuff.

Thank you for a great review.

Loved your review. It makes me want to go to Europe. Your pictures are fabulous!!! What bar did they make your "Milkshake"? They must have ice cream there, right? We are going on the dream soon, so that is why I ask. I can't wait to have one. Have fun on your next cruise and be sure to post another very entertaining review!!!

Once again, thank you so much for this review. Your photos and descriptions are brilliant. I feel like I have a really complete picture of what to expect on our November cruise. I can't wait!

Also, Barcelona is probably my favorite city on the planet, so I loved those pictures especially. Thanks!

DSC05338.jpg

DSC05340.jpg

They had some unusuall ice cream for sale....

DSC05344.jpg

DSC05345.jpg

DSC05346.jpg

Your review is awesome! You and your girlfriend have done a wonderful job of capturing the beauty of Europe in so many ways!

I have to say, I wish I could be at that ice cream shop to try the Kinder, Rocher, and Hello Kitty ice cream! I am in heaven just thinking about those! I spent 6 years as a child in Germany (originally from Dublin :D) and I would love to sample those ice creams while enjoying the beauty of the area!

DSC05346.jpg

Caveman, as I said previously, excellent review!!!!:D

As you pointed out, Barcelona and particularly the area around Las Ramblas is prone to pickpockets. Be especially careful around the street performers...not so much for them but for their accomplice who is typically near by handing out flyers, etc and will happen to bump into you while you are watching the street performer and suddenly your wallet is gone.....have heard of this happening numerous times and we actually saw a staged event while we were at Park Guell where they faked a fight to draw attention and a crowd. When it was over there were tourists who were not happy..... Thanks again for the great review!!

Caveman, as I said previously, excellent review!!!!:D

As you pointed out, Barcelona and particularly the area around Las Ramblas is prone to pickpockets. Be especially careful around the street performers...not so much for them but for their accomplice who is typically near by handing out flyers, etc and will happen to bump into you while you are watching the street performer and suddenly your wallet is gone.....have heard of this happening numerous times and we actually saw a staged event while we were at Park Guell where they faked a fight to draw attention and a crowd. When it was over there were tourists who were not happy..... Thanks again for the great review!!

Went to the Med this summer on the Magic and stayed on Las Ramblas for 2 days prior. We were very vigilant (without being paranoid) and had no problems at all in Barcelona or in any of the ports themselves. We also did 4 days post-cruise in Paris and there were a lot of "deaf" children working the crowds everywhere to sign petitions and make donations. We used the metro in both Barcelona and in Paris and had no problems. I used a money belt and carried nothing of value in my pockets, nor did anybody in our party. Just take precaution, as in any big city, and you should be fine.

Thanks for the great review and all the terrific pictures. Got a question for you re the HOHO bus you took in Barcelona. Is this the same one that is offered on the Viator site, or is this another company? Thanks.

Unfortunatly I do not know.

We just walked up, and paid €49 for 2 days per person. So I am not sure how much Viator Charge.

Loved your review. It makes me want to go to Europe. Your pictures are fabulous!!! What bar did they make your "Milkshake"? They must have ice cream there, right? We are going on the dream soon, so that is why I ask. I can't wait to have one. Have fun on your next cruise and be sure to post another very entertaining review!!!

On the Magic, it was at the Cofee Bar, deck 5. Where you get the speciality coffe's

They do make normal milkshakes, and they cost $3.95 each.

I can promise you, if you have a Don Pedro on board, it will be amazing....

Wow! THANKS for the fantastic review!!! It's a little slow at work today so I've spent pretty much the better part of the last two hours sailing on the Magic with you both!

And I have to say...I agree with you and I'm very disappointed to hear that they don't have an adult pool on the Magic -- it's one of the things I really love about the Splendor!

I'm not sure if someone every answered your question...and I promise I didn't google! Marconi is famous for the wireless, correct? As in the instrument used by Jack Phillips to communicate messages from the Titanic First Class passengers to Cape Race? I'm a big Titanic buff....and yes, I was a Titanic buff BEFORE the movie :D which is why I'm NOT a big fan of the movie!

Great stuff - thanks so much again!

Well, when we travel in any "touristy" destination, we always take care to seperate money and passports, and, use common sence....

This is the best review I have read in ten years of cruising. Had to go and share with my neighbour from Dublin who hasn't cruised before and she loved all the pictures.

Thank you to both of you for your time and taking us along and sharing your experiences. My husband and I will be on B2B Magic cruises in October ending with the Transatlantic. We will celebrate our 49th Wedding Anniversary on board, and our 70th birthdays.Unfortunately we will not have John along with us but I hope someone shows him this review as it is truly amazing.

Thank you once again.

Val. Ontario,Canada.

Archived