New Carnival Cruiser - lots of questions- hope experts can help

nicki_momof3

Hi everyone,

We are new to Carnival. We have only sail on Disney 7 night cruises so I know Carnival is going to be much different. I am hoping some Carnival experts can help me with my questions.

We are thinking of sailing on the Dream - Dec. 29, 2012 Eastern.

We are a family of 5 (children will be 10, 9, 7).

1. How are the evening shows for kids? If they are not all kid appropriate what is there to do in the evenings for families?

2. I know you have to pay for soda (it is free in disney). Do they have free ice cream?

3. How is the mini golf on the dream?

4. Can you bring beer on board with you (on disney you can)? If so is there a limit?

5. Is there pool side places to eat?

6. Is there evening theme nights (disney has pirates night)?

7. Do they room stewards make those cute towel animals?

8. Do the kids clubs have fun activites / parties or is it mostly video games and stuff?

9. Do the rooms have fridges in them?

10. is room service free (of course you have to tip) and is it 24 hours?

11. Are the kids clubs open all day / night?

12. Anyone know how the kids clubs are groups (ages groups)?

Thank you eveyone:)

Well, I can answer some of your questions just not ones related to kids since I have none. Hope this helps.

2. yes there is free soft serve ice cream but I believe it's only available til a certain time. other carnival cruisers let me know if I am wrong.

4. No you can not bring beer on board only wine or one case of nonalcoholic drinks ie water or soda per passenger.

5. yes there is a place close to the pool with hamburgers and hot dogs and fries.

7. yes you will have towel animals

9. the rooms do have fridges in them

10. room service is free but remember to tip

Kim

1. How are the evening shows for kids? If they are not all kid appropriate what is there to do in the evenings for families?

They are not all good for kids - how old are your children? They have Camp Carnival and then other groups for older kids.

2. I know you have to pay for soda (it is free in disney). Do they have free ice cream? Ice cream is free 24 hours a day and pizza

3. How is the mini golf on the dream? The Dream is a beautiful ship and it's fun.

4. Can you bring beer on board with you (on disney you can)? If so is there a limit? No beer or alcohol. You can bring 1 bottle of wine pp or some soda and water on.

5. Is there pool side places to eat? The Lido is by the pool and they have pizza, deli, buffet, hamburgers, etc.

6. Is there evening theme nights (disney has pirates night)? There are 2 elegant nights

7. Do they room stewards make those cute towel animals? Yes a different towel animal every night

8. Do the kids clubs have fun activites / parties or is it mostly video games and stuff? I'm not exactly sure but when we took my granddaughter she loved it.

9. Do the rooms have fridges in them? They do have a mini bar but you can ask the steward to remove the stuff and put your items in there.

10. is room service free (of course you have to tip) and is it 24 hours? Yes it is free and 24 hours but limited menu

11. Are the kids clubs open all day / night? Not sure

http://*************.com/cruise_lines/kids_carnival.cfm

That link will help you.

I believe Carnival has a great kids program but not sure how it compares to Disney. With the cost difference on Disney you can have more money in your pocket definitely.

Hi everyone,

We are new to Carnival. We have only sail on Disney 7 night cruises so I know Carnival is going to be much different. I am hoping some Carnival experts can help me with my questions. They are not THAT different. There is a huge price difference and the Disney characters are not all over the place.

1. How are the evening shows for kids? If they are not all kid appropriate what is there to do in the evenings for families? Kids are grown. Can't answer.

2. I know you have to pay for soda (it is free in disney). Do they have free ice cream? You do have to pay for soda. If you are big soda drinkers.( about 5 a day) you can buy the soda card. I know kids are cheaper, but not a soda drinker, so I don't know

3. How is the mini golf on the dream?

4. Can you bring beer on board with you (on disney you can)? If so is there a limit?

5. Is there pool side places to eat?

6. Is there evening theme nights (disney has pirates night)?

7. Do they room stewards make those cute towel animals? Yes they do. Staff cater to kids and make a fuss pver them.

8. Do the kids clubs have fun activites / parties or is it mostly video games and stuff?

9. Do the rooms have fridges in them? There is a mini fridge with a bar setup. You can ask your cabin steward to remove what is in there if you bring soda, water.

10. is room service free (of course you have to tip) and is it 24 hours? Yes, and I think so

11. Are the kids clubs open all day / night?

Hope that helps.

Hi everyone,

We are new to Carnival. We have only sail on Disney 7 night cruises so I know Carnival is going to be much different. I am hoping some Carnival experts can help me with my questions.

1. How are the evening shows for kids? If they are not all kid appropriate what is there to do in the evenings for families? We took our kids to all the shows in the main theater. There are also movies played in the Jumbo Tron on the lido in the evening.

2. I know you have to pay for soda (it is free in disney). Do they have free ice cream? Yes

3. How is the mini golf on the dream? Yes

4. Can you bring beer on board with you (on disney you can)? If so is there a limit? No, but you can bring 1 bottle of wine in your carry on luggage per person.

5. Is there pool side places to eat? Yes, the lido grill

6. Is there evening theme nights (disney has pirates night)? Not typically

7. Do they room stewards make those cute towel animals? Yes

8. Do the kids clubs have fun activites / parties or is it mostly video games and stuff? Can't speak for the Dream specifically because my children didn't cruise with us on that ship. But the Valor Camp had really cool activities and parties.

9. Do the rooms have fridges in them? The are more of a "holding cooler". They won't get it cold but will keep it cold.

10. is room service free (of course you have to tip) and is it 24 hours? Yes and yes

11. Are the kids clubs open all day / night? All day and at night until late. After regular hours there is a "babysitting" fee.

12. Anyone know how the kids clubs are groups (ages groups)? Not 100% sure but there are three different "clubs" for small children, pre-teens, teens. They are listed in Carnival's site.

You all will have a great time. There are plenty of family oriented things. Enjoy!!!

Archived