Itinerary for Family

mlsully

We will be stopping for our first time in St. Martin on a cruise next summer. I've researched a lot about the island. Our stop over will be from 8am-5pm. I thought about hitting a beach first (Mullet Bay or Great Bay - any suggestions which one?) then heading over for lunch to Maho to watch the planes then shopping in Philipsburg. I am trying to fit this all into one day and wanted to know if this is doable. We have two adults and two kids ages 13 and 9 traveling with us.

We will be stopping for our first time in St. Martin on a cruise next summer. I've researched a lot about the island. Our stop over will be from 8am-5pm. I thought about hitting a beach first (Mullet Bay or Great Bay - any suggestions which one?) then heading over for lunch to Maho to watch the planes then shopping in Philipsburg. I am trying to fit this all into one day and wanted to know if this is doable. We have two adults and two kids ages 13 and 9 traveling with us.

Mullet Bay is a beautiful beach and a 1000% better choice than Great Bay Beach. The Mullet/Maho combo is a great choice as Mullet is the next beach past Maho. The only issue is getting a taxi back from Mullet to get over to Maho. Your best bet may be to walk the less than 15 minutes between the two beaches. You will have plenty of time to fit shopping in as well at the end of your afternoon.

I thought someone posted here that if you are at the port, and you ask the taxi driver to take you to Mullet Bay, that you could tell them to come back and pick you up at a certain time to take you to Maho. Then I am assuming we can get aride from Maho to the pier? We usually do not take taxis but rent cars (we would not rent a car here) so we are novices at using the taxis!

I thought someone posted here that if you are at the port, and you ask the taxi driver to take you to Mullet Bay, that you could tell them to come back and pick you up at a certain time to take you to Maho. Then I am assuming we can get aride from Maho to the pier? We usually do not take taxis but rent cars (we would not rent a car here) so we are novices at using the taxis!

Since the taxi ride is less than 5 minutes I would not think that it would be worth the driver's time to come and get you to take you to Maho from Mullet but maybe others have had positive experiences with this and can answer this question. I would have a plan B if it were me though.:)

As far as islands to drive on St. Martin is pretty easy and you have planned just about the easiest day for doing it yourself.

Archived