Fort Lauderdale Port - Cheaper way to park?

We are going on Royal Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale April 21 - does anyone know of a cheaper, but still hassle free and safe alternative to expensive port parking?:confused:

Port Everglades themselves charge $12 per day which really is not that bad. Park 'N Fly charges $7.50 per day or $6.75 with AAA. I don't think you are going to find much cheaper than that.

We cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale in March 2004 and parked at Continental

Rent-a-car. They have a van that will take you right to the terminal and

they will pick you up after teh cruise (think I gave them a call as we left

the ship). They charge $5 a day when you use a coupon from their web site:

http://www.continentalcar.com/index2.html

Once you are on the page ... there is a link that reads "Click here for Airport Valet Parking information!"

This will take you to the parking info page and the coupon. It states on this page "Airport valet parking open 24 hours daily with free shuttle service to

the airport and also port Everglades."

It was very easy to find ... just about 2 - 3 miles from the terminal.

Hope this helps!

We have a charter bus going from Ocala to Miami(300 miles) with about 50 people. Cost was $50 per person but we dont have to drive our own cars, dont have to pay $2.30 a gallon for gas and the wear on our cars, dont have to leave the day before and stay at a hotel, dont have to pay the $7 or so to park.

Best part is that the party starts when we get on the bus and doesnt end until we get home from the cruise.:)

• 1 month later...

We did he Park N Fly out of the Ft Lauderdale the last time we cruised out of there. It was only 45.00 for the week with the discount coupon included with our tickets. They picked us up at our car and dropped us off at the terminal we were going out of. The pick up after the cruise has the potential to be more frustrating, since so many people are waiting to be picked up. We lucked out to be in the front and went in the first van to arrive. It's located right next door to the port and is only a five minute ride.

• 4 weeks later...

I am going on the Zenith out of Miami in Dec. and booked a hotel room for the night before so we could leave the car there for free for the week. I booked thru Wyndam a place called Summerfield by Wyndam near the airport. I paid $124.82 for an apartment like room. The room has a bedroom with a king and a living room with sleep sofa and dining area and full kitchen. It also includes continental breakfast for us three and parking for the week!!!

It does not include a shuttle to the port but they use a service and they said it was $25 for all 3 of us to port Sat. morning. It looks beautiful, though it might be a bit noisy at the pool because of airport. I planned on doing nothing but relaxing at the pool the day before cruise and calling in room service or delivery.

It was going to cost me $80 to leave car there the week in port parking, this way I can leave the day before and arrive to a beautiful condo for a relaxing night before our cruise.

PS- I am a Wyndam member so I get extra benefits in the room like a stocked bar and candy and other snacks that I have choosen before arrival for free of charge. Check them out.

Archived