OMG! My Carnival Coordinator just called and we are not going to St. Thomas anymore!

ToBeWed

I was relaxing thinking about going to eat dinner with my family later when.......

I receive a phone call from my coordinator informing me that our Wedding can no longer be on September 13, 2011! We are not going to St. Thomas (which is where we are supposed to be married) and we will have to get married in either Grand Cayman or Montego Bay. This is all due to hurricane Maria. Wow..... Thank God I did not get favors with date printed on them or our rings engraved!

I had to cancel my hair and make-up appointment in St. Thomas with Sugar & Spice and now I am out $50 because I had to cancel. I will have to try to trust Carnival stylists with my hair and make-up!

I am thankful that it wasn't all cancelled but.... Wow guys.... I will keep you posted.

I was relaxing thinking about going to eat dinner with my family later when.......

I receive a phone call from my coordinator informing me that our Wedding can no longer be on September 13, 2011! We are not going to St. Thomas (which is where we are supposed to be married) and we will have to get married in either Grand Cayman or Montego Bay. This is all due to hurricane Maria. Wow..... Thank God I did not get favors with date printed on them or our rings engraved!

I had to cancel my hair and make-up appointment in St. Thomas with Sugar & Spice and now I am out $50 because I had to cancel. I will have to try to trust Carnival stylists with my hair and make-up!

I am thankful that it wasn't all cancelled but.... Wow guys.... I will keep you posted.

OMG so sorry to hear.. Did u figure what port ur going to do it at btwn the 2? Hopefully everything turns out awsome.. think positive..;)

we will have to get married in either Grand Cayman or Montego Bay.

Sounds like you have a great attitude about it. Are they going to let you pick? FWIW, Grand Cayman is BEAUTIFUL!!! On the other hand, Montego Bay has, IMO, less things to do... so your guests are less likely to "miss out" on activities they were hoping to do.

We are scheduled to marry on the 14th in St. thomas but no word yet whether we'll be able to dock. We got a Florida wedding license as a back-up and will just marry at our Bon Retour party when we return on the 18th. Fortunately the guy hosting our WeddingMoon party is a judge. Won't THAT be an unexpected surprise for our guests. Now, what to do with $400 of wedding announcements with the wrong date? But still, fingers crossed for the 14th!

Trust me I know the feeling…though my wedding was completly cancled with no way of getting married in the bahamas because we weren't there a certin time...the whole bus ride down I checked the ncl website and it said we were still going to bermuda,I was happy and giddy ,as soon as we got into the cruise terminal they told us we were going to the bahamas instead,not gonna lie..I cryed and though I wanted to pitch a fit I knew it wouldn't change it..so my future husband and I enjoyed our honeymoon before the wedding..now I just have to suck it up and plan a quick justice of the peace wedding,at least we will still be married...good luck with whatever happens and keep your head up!

I hope everything works out for you! Please keep us up to date as to the final location of the wedding! Last minute panics are not good. It does sound like you are dealing with it very well.

Good thing you planned through the cruise line and not independently. They can help take care of the change and you will still be legally married at the end of the cruise.

I keep hoping that the Hurricane season does not extend late this year. we sail on 19 November which is the very tail end of the season which is usually very quiet.

Archived