Stingray City on our own or through RCI

delta13

I just checked the Stringray City tour through RCI and it is $47pp. I didn't think that was too bad of price. Can I do better finding a tour on my own?

It's been a couple of years since we went so I am not sure of the price now. But we did Capt Marvin's which included two snorkeling stops, Coral Gardens, and the reef. Then over to Stingray city. We had a wonderful time and we timed the trip so there was no way we could be lated getting back. I would highly recommend doing it on your own here if the price is right for you. Hope you enjoy it. Grand Cayman is our most favorite stop in teh Caribbean.

Cheers, Kenn

Capt Marvins is the way to go. We have used them numerous times and have always been happy. The price through the CL isnt bad BUT the downside is they have larger groups. If you get with an independant company you will hopefully be on a smaller boat with less people which makes the day much more enjoyable.

I will be visiting Stingray City on 10/5/11. We booked with Frank's Watersports. The excursions start at $30 per person for a 2.5 hour trip. The package I purchased was $35 per person. It's a 3-hour excursion with snorkeling at Stingray City and Tropical Fish Gardens. All of the excursions include RT transportation to/from the pier and/or Seven Mile Beach. The packages also include rum punch (or fruit punch), snacks, and fish food.

I'll post a review once we get home, but the other reviews I've read on this company have all been favorable and the price seems to be the best value around.

http://www.frankswatersports.ky/tours-rates.html

It's been a couple of years since we went so I am not sure of the price now. But we did Capt Marvin's which included two snorkeling stops, Coral Gardens, and the reef. Then over to Stingray city. We had a wonderful time and we timed the trip so there was no way we could be lated getting back. I would highly recommend doing it on your own here if the price is right for you. Hope you enjoy it. Grand Cayman is our most favorite stop in teh Caribbean.

Cheers, Kenn

We will be doing this same tour through Capt marvin's when we go in December. It is good to hear some good reviews about them! Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Archived