Chase one pass plus

sitraveler

I have been purchasing Access America Classic coverage for many cruises.

Now I see an ad from Chase/Continental that shows:

Travel Accident insurance of $500,000

Purchase protection of $10,000

return protection

Trip cancellation and trip delay

This cost is $95.00 PA

My last Access policy was $692.00

Any expert enough to compare/explain/clarrify.

Thanks

I have been purchasing Access America Classic coverage for many cruises.

Now I see an ad from Chase/Continental that shows:

Travel Accident insurance of $500,000

Purchase protection of $10,000

return protection

Trip cancellation and trip delay

This cost is $95.00 PA

My last Access policy was $692.00

Any expert enough to compare/explain/clarrify.

Thanks

Here's the full wording:

"OnePass Plus Travel Protection

With OnePass Plus Travel Protection, you can rest assured that you, your family and your belongings have an extra layer of protection.

* Baggage Delay - You can be reimbursed up to $100 per day, with a maximum of up to $300 when your bags are delayed more than 18 hours.

* Lost Luggage - You can be reimbursed for up to $3,000 per trip if your checked and carry-on luggage and its contents are lost or stolen.

* Trip Delay - If your trip is delayed more than 12 hours or requires an overnight stay due to a covered hazard. You can be reimbursed for meals and lodging expenses up to $300 per ticket purchased using your OnePass Plus Card.

* Trip Cancellation - Your OnePass Plus Card provides up to $1,500 for unexpected, non-refundable cancellation or interruption of your travel airfare.

* Travel Accident Insurance - Receive up to $500,000 in coverage in the event of an accidental death while travelling.

* Travel and Emergency Services - When an emergency strikes, know that you have a wide range of referral services available to help 24/7, 365 days a year.

* Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver - The OnePass Plus Card provides Cardmembers with primary coverage for physical damage and theft of most rental vehicles. Coverage is afforded for rentals of up to 15 days when traveling in your country of residence and 31 days outside your country of residence.

* Roadside Assistance - OnePass Plus Card members are eligible for coverage up to $50 per event, four times a year, for roadside assistance. Assistance services include gas, flat tire service, a tow and more.

For assistance with all OnePass Plus Protection benefits, please call 1-800-432-7115, or the International Collect line at 1-512-623-7702."

There's nothing in there that says they will reimburse you for the cost of your cruise if you have to cancel or interrupt the cruise. Also, no medical or emergency evacuation coverage which you may or may not need or have through another source. Only get the baggage coverage if lost or damaged while in the possession of the airline -- not if your camera is stolen from your room, etc. Not much here that would be of use to me.

- No Medical (may or may not be an issue, depending on your outside coverage)

- $1,500 Cancellation coverage can be pretty small, depending on the trip you are taking

- No Medevac coverage. This is a HUGE gap, unless you are traveling to Alaska or Western Europe (where the governmental authorities will get you to decent facilities without charging you in advance.)

- The lost luggage, travel/emergency service, and car rental CDW are already included in the benefits offered free of charge by many credit cards.

Essentially, you are paying $95 for $1,500 in cancellation coverage and $300 in 12-hour delay coverage. And you'll have to supplement the coverage with other insurance in many cases. Seems pretty expensive to me.

- $1,500 Cancellation coverage can be pretty small, depending on the trip you are taking

Essentially, you are paying $95 for $1,500 in cancellation coverage and $300 in 12-hour delay coverage. And you'll have to supplement the coverage with other insurance in many cases. Seems pretty expensive to me.

Note the wording of the trip cancellation benefit:

"* Trip Cancellation - Your OnePass Plus Card provides up to $1,500 for unexpected, non-refundable cancellation or interruption of your travel airfare."

Covers airfare only.

Archived