Cabo San Lucas & Puerto Vallarta on Splendor

navywifetill2002

We're leaving in 3 weeks on the Splendor and are trying to decide what do to while in port. DH likes the looks of the "Pirate Ship Adventure" at Puerto Vallarta and we have 2 days in Cabo and don't know what to do. I'd love some advice from those that have been there.

On a side note someone said if you take a Carnival excrusion kids 4 and under are free. Anyone have any personal experience with that? This is a 3 generation trip so there would always be someone around to watch the little one but I can't see her getting enough out of an excursion to be worth the price she'd pay.

In PV we always try to do Las Caletas Beach Hideaway. Allot of activities, lunch and drinks (adult beverages as well as sodas). Snorkeling, kayaking, monkeys and parrots you can pet and have a picture with, kids camp and its a pretty spot. All in all probably to us the best excursion out of all the stops on the Splendor itinerary. In fact we already have that excursion booked for our cruise coming up!! Cabo is nice but I cannot really think of a must do, we have done Lovers Beach and other tours but the most fun was just walking around the beaches and the shops.

I have spent a lot of time in Puerto Vallarto and the pirate adventure is great

Would you book throught Carnival ($99pp) or throught a site like puertovallartatours.net ($71pp)? I've never booked through an off ship site before but a lot of the tours seem the same and the cost is a lot less.

Love the pirate ship. Went with my grown daughters. If you have children the night cruise is not exactly G rated. Both my children have children and mentioned that they would like to come back but would go on the day trip because of the children. We did not do an excurison at Cabo just went to CaboWabo and walked in town.

For PV...1st time we took a tour downtown and Misoyla Beach. It was okay, get to know the city.

2nd time...we book Las Caletas and it was fun. The island is beautiful and lunch was good. It is a 5 to 6 hours tour, but it seem so short. Would have like it longer.

3rd time...Take a taxi to Misoyla Beach and just spend the day.

For Cabo...

1st time...take a water taxi and spend the day at Pelican Beach. Be careful with Pelican Beach and Lover beach though, because it is not easy getting on and off the boat.

2nd time...Dolphin Swim then walk over to Finsterra Hotel and spend the day in the pool.

3rd time...Medano Beach...we didn't like it, because it was noisy and we are not party goer.

We hired privately: Rolando from Fun Around Cabo.com for the day and he was AWESOME, their was five of us traveling together and he gave us a nice city tour, took us to nice shopping places and to a very nice beach to snorkel with all equipment and drinks included. Highly recommend him....

For Cabo...

1st time...take a water taxi and spend the day at Pelican Beach. Be careful with Pelican Beach and Lover beach though, because it is not easy getting on and off the boat.

2nd time...Dolphin Swim then walk over to Finsterra Hotel and spend the day in the pool.

3rd time...Medano Beach...we didn't like it, because it was noisy and we are not party goer.

Medano Beach has plenty of restaurants that will let you use their loungers for free if you buy food or drink that are not part of the party scene. Try the Medano Beach Club, The Sand Bar or Tabasco's.

If you go to the Finsterra Hotel, make sure and check out the men's room at the Whale Watcher's bar. It's a must see.:)

Archived