Less than 2 months until embarkation: still no shore excursions!

Sonicked

Hi all,

I was wondering if this is a common thing with booking shore excursions online through RCI prior to cruising.

I'm cruising the south pacific at the end of November. There are shore excursions available for purchase for Noumea, but nothing is available for Ouvea (which does not surprise me), Mystery Island or Isle of Pines.

Whilst it's not the end of the world, as I'm sure I will be able to book on board, I would very much like to see what will actually be available for us from these ports so I can successfully organise my port visits.

Hi Sonicked

It is possible that there are no shore excursions for those three ports for your cruise. I have seen ship's tours listed for Isle of Pines (and done one) but not Mystery Island - not had Ouvea on an itinerary so far. On Isle of Pines there will be locals offering island tours, which we have done and enjoyed - these are on a purchase ticket and hang about (or come back) for the next bus basis. Mystery Island is very much the deserted island experience. There is a local "tour desk" near the tender pontoon offering a range of short and some longer tours, all water based using local small boats - fun and good value especially if you band together with a few others.

Tour board on Mystery Island - I did the snorkelling tour to the fringing reef.

065-1.jpg

Did you try checking this out via the Roll Call?

Colleen

Hi Colleen, thanks for your post.

It seems like the people in the rollcall have the same issue as me. I can understand Mystery Island not showing as having any tours, considering it's such a small island, and Ouvea, as it's been missed for many years despite being listed as a port of call, however, I'm surprised there are none for Isle of Pines.

Perhaps we will just wing it at the rest of these ports and decide what to do once off the ship. :)

Archived