Australia Day 3 day cruise - Pacific Sun

I have convinced my two adult children to come on a cruise, and we are doing Sydney to Sydney from Australia Day for 3 days. It sails out the day before, goes under the Harbour Bridge etc, goes up and down the coast for a bit, comes back in to the Harbour at Bradleys Point to watch the ferry and tall ship races, then to Darling Harbour for the fireworks and sails back out again that night and the next day and night. So 3 nights, 2 days on board. Has anyone done this cruise before? what activities can we expect on board?

What activities? Lots of drinking :D I would imagine they will tailor the activities around "Australia Day" so................lots of drinking :p

I've actually been eyeing that one off due to the nature of hanging around Sydney Harbour for a birds eye view of all the action. Hmmmm I might go book it now :)

I was on the Sun for Australia Day this year, as part of a 10 Night South Pacific Cruise. During the day, they had some events on the Lido Deck, a BBQ at the OutBack Bar, and a big Party at Night, with the Champagne Waterfall - it was also the Formal Night.

The one thing I did not enjoy, was the fact that there was no Australian Music played at the Party. No Khe Sahn, No Working Class Man, no You're the Voice, nothing. Dekada (the on ship band) butchered Downunder, forgetting most of the words, letting the party goers, including myself fill in the blanks.

It will be a lot of fun - the Sun is a great party ship.

Archived