Another Baltic Question- Shuttles?

ukbound

We sailed this route last Aug. No Free Shuttle is provided. In most of the stops you can walk into main part of town if you do not mind a nice hike. We normally took a taxi in and walked back. A lot of people walked both ways.

Marc

When we ailed in June there were shuttles in many cities. In St. Petersburg there was not, and in that city I strongly recommend using the shps excursions. In some as well the port is in walking distance to the city itself. I believe in Helsinki and Oslo there were shuttles. I will have to pull out the dalies and be certain as to the ports that had shuttles.

Aloha Hawaii

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;13;1800;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Oslo docks in city centre -no shuttle required

stockholm -excellent shuttle with 3 stops NCL has someone at the stops to tell you what to look out for

Copenhagen - Tivoli shuttle inc entrance fee

Warnemunde- docks at pier 3 min walk from the town

generally $10 per shuttle xcept Tivoli $25

all were worth the money

Norwegian Dream April 2003

days to sailing away on constellation

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

Get into the market square and take either a 3b or a 3t tram which is a circular tour of the city which comes back to the market square.

Consider a ferry ride to suammelina fortress from the square as well

This takes a while to load but its worth it

http://www.hel.fi/HKL/english/08_extra/matkailu/3T_sightseeing_English_2003.pdf

Jim

Norwegian Dream April 2003

soon to be on board .Thats the life

constellation

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ukbound:

Any recommended excursions for Helsinki?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I did the ship's tour of Helsinki during my Baltic trip in 2001. I did a morning Helsinki City Sights tour. We visited the Rock Church carved out of solid rock. We stopped at the 1952 Olympics stadium and then the Senate Square. I left the tour in Senate Square and did a little walking on my own and I stopped at a street market. I bought a small bouquet of carved wooden tulips. It was close enough to walk back to the ship from there.

Cecilia

I've cruised to Alaska, Australia, Asia, South America, Panama Canal, transatlantic, Hawaii, Baltics and the Caribbean. I've been on the NCL Dream, Wind, Star, Sky, Norway and the RCCL Mariner of the Seas. I can be contacted at *****@aol.com

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;10;02;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

My Wedding!

Archived