OV room with crib

bigdaddyvoges

I posted this on the family boards, but didnt get much of a hit.

We are traveling on the Carnival Imagination on the 17th, and wondering how crammed we will be. I know I know, a balcony room is much better when baby has to sleep, but this ship does not have standard balcony rooms but just a few suites, and I could not bare the thought of spending so much p.p. for a 4 day cruise. (but we did for our upcoming Magic cruise in August :D) So does anyone have any thoughts/tips? I saw yesterday you can now configure your beds online, and wondering if maybe leaving it at 2 twins would give us more room to walk? We also took a tip from another thread about creating a curtain using 3m hooks, twine, and a sheet. May sound silly to some, but I haven't the slightest idea how DD is going to sleep ANYTIME knowing we're in there. She is 17 mths old, and just started walking this past week, so any tips would be appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!

Mrs. BDV

I posted in the family board about the layout. As for putting little one down. Last time we cruised my son was 3 and daughter was 18 months. I would either lay with her in the bed until she fell asleep or put her in the portacrib and go take a shower. If she was awake and saw me she would stand up. One night in the bathroom and read. Another I sat in the hall. I would have to send my husband out because if we were both in there moving about she would not go to sleep. one night I put her in the stroller and walked her until she fell asleep then put her in the crib. This cruise she is 3, older son is 5 but the baby who I was pregnant with last cruise is 19 months. we got two cabins and I have a video monitor so I can go next door and watch.

Most nights the kids are so tired that it's not a problem.

Archived