Aboard the QE

violetta58

On the 17 night cruise to the med in Queens Grill and for Bkecky who is coming aboard her after us the MaitreD is Sandro who is great as is all his staff. Currently in Cadiz,weather hot and sunny.QE is very nice just like a paler version of the QV with minor differences. People not so dressed up at formal night but not casual,all men in tuxs but some ladies not quite so dressed up..First time I have seen a gentlemen refused entry to the Commodore club for not being in formal attire!.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Next stop Malta

Since you are currently on QE, can you answer one question for some of us ballroom dancers? In the group dance classes, who are the instructors who teach the class? Is there a professional couple (usually Russian or some East European nationality), or are the instructors just some of the dancers from the group on board for the shows given in the Royal Court Theatre?

The free group dance classes are normally held in QM 2/QV during sea days for about one hour or so, only on full sea days, and not when ship is in port.

Thanks for answering this question.

Violetta 58. "Refused entry into the commodore" ... by who/how ?... please tell us more.

What exactly were they wearing ?.... Now I've been on one or two world cruises (QM) in and around Australia and seen guys in flip flops and shorts after 7pm, but never asked to leave :(

Bell Boy:)

On the 17 night cruise to the med in Queens Grill and for Bkecky who is coming aboard her after us the MaitreD is Sandro who is great as is all his staff. Currently in Cadiz,weather hot and sunny.QE is very nice just like a paler version of the QV with minor differences. People not so dressed up at formal night but not casual,all men in tuxs but some ladies not quite so dressed up..First time I have seen a gentlemen refused entry to the Commodore club for not being in formal attire!.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Next stop Malta

Thanks for the information. I hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise. A little surprised about the formal attire though!

Violetta 58. "Refused entry into the commodore" ... by who/how ?... please tell us more.

What exactly were they wearing ?.... Now I've been on one or two world cruises (QM) in and around Australia and seen guys in flip flops and shorts after 7pm, but never asked to leave :(

Bell Boy:)

It was quite strange,he was wearing polo shirt and long shorts and our waitress asked him to leave as they were enfenforcing the dress c

Since you are currently on QE, can you answer one question for some of us ballroom dancers? In the group dance classes, who are the instructors who teach the class? Is there a professional couple (usually Russian or some East European nationality), or are the instructors just some of the dancers from the group on board for the shows given in the Royal Court Theatre?

The free group dance classes are normally held in QM 2/QV during sea days for about one hour or so, only on full sea days, and not when ship is in port.

Thanks for answering this question.

So far ther has been a waltz class and today the rhumba ,not sure of the 1st class but today's was by a coup.e who were possibly Russian ,Sergey and partner (did not catch her name).Both very good and patient.

So far ther has been a waltz class and today the rhumba ,not sure of the 1st class but today's was by a coup.e who were possibly Russian ,Sergey and partner (did not catch her name).Both very good and patient.

Sergey is one of the Cunard dancers on board who do the production shows. He started out on the QM2 and has been on the QV and now the QE. He is a fabulous dancer and is the dance captain on the QE now. I talked to him about his teaching the dance classes and he said he was in shock when he was first told that he would start teaching passengers but he learned how to teach and is very popular and capable.

Archived