Sheraton OSJ - Won't go again

cheaptravel

We just stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan and I have to say that I would not stay there again. I realize that every weekend might not be the same as what we had to deal with, but once was enough.

We stayed from 9/23 to 9/25.

The key card they gave us to use the elevators didn't work from the very beginning. Every time we complained about it they acted like we were nuts. I later came to talk with many other guests that had the same problem. Trying to get to our room was a pain each and every time.

On the Saturday night before our cruise there was a wedding on the 2nd floor where the Italian restaurant is. We were on the 4th floor. The music for the reception was incredibly loud, to the point where I couldn't fall asleep. When I called the front desk at 11pm, they told me to call back at midnight if the loudness was still bothering me (!!) now that's customer service at it's best .... :mad:

By midnight, the music got LOUDER. It never ended until after 1AM when I was finally able to fall asleep. The staff at the front desk did not seem to care if the entire rest of the hotel was disturbed by the band, or they could have asked them to at least turn it down a few decibals.

It was Latin music, boom boom boom all freaking night.

As for the room itself, very plain. The moment I walked in I could smell a musty mildew/mold smell and it was horrible. I have seen reviews on other sites where people have complained about this.

My biggest complaint though was the customer service - horrible.

The noise of a loud live band with wedding reception certainly isn't going to happen real often, but the lack of concern by the staff I assume is a nightly thing. Like I told them .... I stay at a hotel TO SLEEP !! We have aired our grievances, there has been no reply.

I know others that had a room same weekend as us, some had a nice room with fresh air, others had rooms so bad they couldn't stand it (of a moldy smell). You can always try to get another room, but the point is it shouldn't be that way in the first place. This was the rudest hotel staff I believe I've ever encountered.

Archived