Cadiz to Gibraltar feasible???

ILoveScotland

I am on a TA in November 2012 with a stop in Cadiz. We arrive at 8:00 a.m. and depart at 5:00 p.m.

Does anyone know if there are any tours that go from Cadiz to Gibraltar for the day? I know most people will want other tours, including going to Seville, but I would love to see Gibraltar if that would be possible.

Anyway, any ideas?

Thanks.

I am going to guess that there is little demand for a tour to Gibraltar. You are probably aware that it takes about 1:45 to drive to Gibraltar and this does not include the all too typical problems that happen at the border. You might want to simply rent a car and drive yourselves (its not too difficult). If the border is backed-up you can simply park on the Spanish side, walk across, and take a local bus or taxi into town.

Hank

Hank, you're right that I had realized an organized tour to Gibraltar would be hard to find. It's just that I've never been there, and I would like to go.

I wonder about trains or even bus service.

Probably I'll not go, but this is a great place to ask these questions.

Thanks.

Beth

Hank, you're right that I had realized an organized tour to Gibraltar would be hard to find. It's just that I've never been there, and I would like to go.

I wonder about trains or even bus service.

Probably I'll not go, but this is a great place to ask these questions.

Thanks.

Beth

I do not think its possible to overstate the problems that can occur at the Spanish/Gibraltar border (hence my comment about parking in Spain and walking over the border). There are no trains to Gibraltar although, in some cases, it is possible to get a train to Algeciras, and then spend another 30 or so Euros for a taxi to Gibraltar. The situation is even worse with buses. Keep in mind that it is quite intentional that Spain makes it inconvenient to go to Gibraltar. In fact, at one point Spain prohibited commercial aircraft landing or departing from Gibraltar's airport from overflying Spain (not sure of the current situation). You might want to consider a future cruise that includes Gibraltar as a port of call.

Hank

I do not think its possible to overstate the problems that can occur at the Spanish/Gibraltar border (hence my comment about parking in Spain and walking over the border). There are no trains to Gibraltar although, in some cases, it is possible to get a train to Algeciras, and then spend another 30 or so Euros for a taxi to Gibraltar. The situation is even worse with buses. Keep in mind that it is quite intentional that Spain makes it inconvenient to go to Gibraltar. In fact, at one point Spain prohibited commercial aircraft landing or departing from Gibraltar's airport from overflying Spain (not sure of the current situation). You might want to consider a future cruise that includes Gibraltar as a port of call.

Hank

Thanks. This is good information which means I'll just wait for another cruise and do another excursion instead.

Beth

Archived