Going to courthouse in St Thomas

Gina130284

Hi all,

Before we marry on board RCCL Enchantment we are required to go to the court house in St Thomas.

Does anyone know what we have to do here, and how long it takes? Im hoping to book a hair & make up appointment so would like to do the court house before this and then I can relax a bit more.

Also, has anyone else come up against things such as having to book 2 cars to take you to the court house seperately so you dont see each other before the wedding?? Rather than having the 1 car and making 2 seperate journeys, Royal Romance have told us we need to book another car which will cost $100!!

Any advice is appreciateed. xx

I was just married in May. We went together to the courthouse, but just wore regular clothes. It only took 5 minutes. We showed ID, they reviewed our app, swore us in we were off!! We DID also go to the courthouse before boarding the ship to pick up our certified copies, but that may only be because we were married on-island, but was convenient because we didnn't have to wait on them to come via snail mail.

I was just married in May. We went together to the courthouse, but just wore regular clothes. It only took 5 minutes. We showed ID, they reviewed our app, swore us in we were off!! We DID also go to the courthouse before boarding the ship to pick up our certified copies, but that may only be because we were married on-island, but was convenient because we didnn't have to wait on them to come via snail mail.

How far is the courthouse from the ship? Also, where were you married. The wedding I am attending is scheduled for Megan's Bay

I was just married September 14th through Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas. We got married in St. Thomas as well. We had our wedding on the beach and they picked us up fully dressed and took us to the court house. We had to leave an hour prior to the wedding. The court house only took about 10 mintues to get to. When we got there we went through security and then upstairs to sign documents and show our proof of identity. The whole process probably took 10 minutes. From there the transportation took us directly to our wedding location.

We got married at Emerald Beach (Best Western). We didn't wear our wedding attire because I booked 2 day rooms for the girls/guys to change when we arrived so we wouldn't see each other beforehand.

I made my own arrangements though (not thru the ship) so I had more freedom/flexibility. I can laugh about it now, but my MOH left her dress in Atlanta, so on the way to the courthouse I saw some street vendors with dresses and had our bus driver stop so we could buy her a dress. It matched same color/style as the original, but it being diff actually turned out nice!

That may also be a reason why we went back to the courthouse afterwards, because my WC instructed the bus driver to take us there before going to the ship.

Archived