Baltimore hotel cruise package

amillard222

Hello, I'll give it a stab. We were on the 12/5 sailing of the Enchantment of the Seas and since the Comfort Inn is closed due to renovations we got moved next door to the Sleep Inn.

First off the Hotel is very nice and in a nice location. When we checked in all the parking spots in front of the hotel were full so we waited until the next morning and as others came off their sailing we moved to a spot in front of the lobby parking and had no problems whats so ever.

As for the shuttle let's talk. The day we were leaving there were so many people downstairs waiting early. For the first hour there was only 1 shuttle running and then another drive came on so we had a total of 2 vans that held 10 people. One thing the hotel did was they would not let you sign up for the shuttle until you were checked out of your room. So since DH wanted to sleep in a little we didn't check out of the room until 9:45 and didn't get on the shuttle until 11:15. For me it wasn't that bad since I like to talk I found plenty of people from our roll call to converse with.

Now coming back that's another story. We were told to not call the hotel until we were through Customs and had our luggage. So of course I did the opposite and called when we docked and asked for a number and was told it would be #5 so I thought no problem. Well after talking with the hotel I realized that it was 7:00 and our departure time was 8:20 - 8:40 and still had to go through customs and pick up luggage so I knew that no way would we make that so I told her to cancel our number and we'd call back later.

I'm so glad we did. When we got off at 8:25 and went through everything it was approx. 8:55 and I called the hotel back and were were now #25. So we went out to wait and found friends of ours that had gotten off with the carry off luggage and had been waiting 1 1/2 hrs already and still had 5 more numbers to go until they could get on the shuttle. So I said forget it I'm not waiting and we got a taxi which cost us $30 w/o tip and we were back at the hotel by 9:30. I did go in and let the Hotel know to cancel our number and they were very appreciative since they had so many people still to load.

Sorry this is so long but I wanted to give you all the details and unless you don't want to wait after the cruise take the taxi especially since it's cold outside and it's an open area.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much Jeepers385 that information is great since we are looking at the Sleep Inn. I was kind of worried about the parking since I have heard some things about cars being broken into. I was also a little nervous about not being able to get on the return shuttle with in a reasonalble amount of time. We only live 3 hours south of Baltimore but since we lived up there the year that they had "snowmaggedon" in early Febuary I am a little nervous about snow.

Jeepers385 - was this the Sleep Inn on Belle Grove? We just booked that one for our May cruise. If this is the one you stood at did you go to any of the restaurants close by?

Yes it's the one on Belle Grove and we went to G&M (the hotel had directions) and we didn't realize it but they provided a shuttle for several of our group that wanted to go there. We drove and it was no more than a 5 minute drive. Best crab cakes I've ever had.

There was a restaurant at the bottom of the hotel but my understanding is that it's going to be closed to renovations and there was a couple of fast food restaurants.

Thank you, Debbie! I absolutely want to try some crab cakes so I'll make sure G&M is where we go!

The Sleep Inn doesn't get that great of reviews on another site - but I see only good things from here so that's why I went with it. Plus the shuttles and parking included sure does help!

I really don't understand the reviews because the place is very clean and a lot of folks from our roll call stayed there and none of us had any problems with the hotel, cleanliness of rooms or vehicles.

I will say though we were told to move our cars to the front of the hotel for a long stay.

Hope you have a great time.

Archived