I say "Nay" to all of the Dream Naysayers

BUSYGIRL

Just returned from a 4 day cruise on the Dream and really did not know what to expect due to the varied reviews. Let me summarize by saying that we loved it.

We started by taking a Disney shuttle form the airport to the cruiseship. that was so easy and the best way to go. We have gone on 2 Disney cruises before and either drove 10 hours from home or rented a car and stayed in a hotel overnight. If you are traveling alone with child, flying in the day of the cruise works best. Our bags were collected by Disney and we registered for the cruise in the airport, when we arrived at the terminal, we barely had time to get a picture with Minnie before we were whisked onboard.

The introduction as we boarded the ship totally tickled my 6 yo DD. The lobby was gorgeous and we were taken aside by a crewmemeber and instructed to go to aft and catch that elevator to the 11th floor and then up to Cabanas for lunch. The meal was excellent and the staff amazing.

When we entered our room, we were definitely pleased. My DD was really tickled when she found that the television had direct demand for alot of disney shows and movies. Of course, except when we settled in for the evening, there was not much time to watch TV. The bed was comfortable and there was plenty of space.

The first evening we had to remain in Port Canaveral due to a storm which had high winds. we didn't leave the port until 4:30 am so the entire itinerary had to be changed. No problem. My DD and I were lucky and got to ride the Aquaduck once the first evening before it closed due to high winds without much wait. We really liked it and rode it again before we left.

We were very fortunate with our dinner seating. Disney paired us with another mother and daughter traveling alone. Our families hit it off right away and the girls had playmates and we mothers had someone to hang with also.

My DD loved the Oceaneers Club and Oceaneers Lab. Most of the time when I went to get her she did not wnat to leave. It was hard for her to choose between swimming or the clubs. I had heard alot of negative reveiws about the children's clubs because children ages 3 to 10 are in the same area...let me say, I thought the clubs were very well organized, there were numerous activities going on at the same time, and the counselors were engaged and caring.

Castaway Cay was wonderful as always. On this stop we snorkeled. I had forgotten how relaxing it is to snorkel. We also floated in the ocean ate too much at Cookies BBQ and had coke floats. Wish we had two days at Castaway Cay so we could explore more, but grateful that I have been able to take these trips with my daughter.

I know that I have not covered everything, but my time is limited. Our dinner staff made each night special for the children and were a pleasure to see each evening. Our stateroom steward was extremely helpful and friendly.

I even managed to watch "The Help" while my daughter was in the kids club.

I loved this cruise and hope that everyone gets a chance to cruise this ship.

Archived