2 or 3 night cruise questions...

Do they have a production show onboard these short cruises usually? Is there a formal night, or is it just casual/cruisy because it's such a short time? Are all other services what you'd expect on a longer cruise, eg. 7 nights? :)

Do they have a production show onboard these short cruises usually? Is there a formal night, or is it just casual/cruisy because it's such a short time? Are all other services what you'd expect on a longer cruise, eg. 7 nights? :)

Yes, Yes and Yes :D

Hmmm maybe I should elaborate. Yes to production shows, comedy shows, etc. Yes to a cocktail night (we had 2). Shops open but no duty free grog. You probably don't do much cruising (we went to Jervis Bay and anchored). I've written a review somewhere of my 3 nighter on Pacific Jewel in July just gone.

Hmm - I don't think it is all as simple as this - and I am not sure that this question can be answered.

Because - there are a number of types of 2/3 day cruises. There is the type that is a definite cruise in it's own right eg a 3 day cruise to nowhere. There is also the type which is a kind of "mini" relocation. eg Pacific Dawn relocation to Brisbane and future relocations of Sun Princess back to Sydney from Brisbane. There is also the type where you can jump 2 or 3 days on a visiting overseas based ship such as Oriana, say between two adjacent State capitals. All of these cruises will be different in their nature regarding what entertainment is available and what the dress code will be.

Barry

Hmm - I don't think it is all as simple as this - and I am not sure that this question can be answered.

Because - there are a number of types of 2/3 day cruises. There is the type that is a definite cruise in it's own right eg a 3 day cruise to nowhere. There is also the type which is a kind of "mini" relocation. eg Pacific Dawn relocation to Brisbane and future relocations of Sun Princess back to Sydney from Brisbane. There is also the type where you can jump 2 or 3 days on a visiting overseas based ship such as Oriana, say between two adjacent State capitals. All of these cruises will be different in their nature regarding what entertainment is available and what the dress code will be.

Barry

It was about the 2-3 night cruises on their own bazza...you know, the ones that go nowhere. ;):)

Archived