Anyone done Rumbaba lately (i.e. w/new owners)?

BethV114

My sister and I did the full day sail with Rumbaba a few years ago. We booked a private day with Rumbaba for our upcoming cruise in January. When I initially contacted them to reserve the date, it was still run by Captain Bobby. Today, when they called to firm up the reservation and get my credit card info, I learned that the Rumbaba has changed hands and is now owned by Captain Chad and his wife Brena. Brena sounded very nice on the phone and said everything about the day will remain the same - the boat, the food, the stops, etc. I'm feeling okay about sticking with them, but just wanted to see if anyone has sailed with the Rumbaba in the past few months since it changed hands and what kind of experience you had.

Thanks for the info!!

My sister and I did the full day sail with Rumbaba a few years ago. We booked a private day with Rumbaba for our upcoming cruise in January. When I initially contacted them to reserve the date, it was still run by Captain Bobby. Today, when they called to firm up the reservation and get my credit card info, I learned that the Rumbaba has changed hands and is now owned by Captain Chad and his wife Brena. Brena sounded very nice on the phone and said everything about the day will remain the same - the boat, the food, the stops, etc. I'm feeling okay about sticking with them, but just wanted to see if anyone has sailed with the Rumbaba in the past few months since it changed hands and what kind of experience you had.

Thanks for the info!!

There are a number of recent reviews at TripAdvisor (linked from Rumbaba's web site):

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147404-d1546934-Reviews-Rumbaba_Charters-St_Thomas_U_S_Virgin_Islands.html

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Beth,

We were with Captain Chad and his first mate Laurie last week. We had a fabulous day, I wouldn't hesitate to book again even though ownership has changed. Laurie was also a first mate to Captain Bobby and has a wealth of knowledge of the island that she shared with us. We had a wonderful lunch of Mahi Mahi and Ahu Tuna... delicious! Captain Chad is very friendly and will make sure you have a wonderful day sailing with him... you won't be disappointed!

I was on the Rumbaba a couple of years ago with Capt. Bobby and first mate Lori and this was the highlight of our trip. Was sad to hear Bobby sold his boat but we have booked again for next May with Capt. Chad and have no worries at all about having a wonderful day.

• 1 month later...

We just sailed with Captain Chad and Lori last week, and had a fabulous time. It was our third sailing on Rumbaba, and it just keeps getting better. He's upgraded the grill on the boat, but otherwise everything was just about the same, which is to say excellent. He even has all of the recipes that Bobby used.:)

Archived