My Week on the Jewel

Jab5549

You forgot shop for! There are so many choices I cannot imagine one would not be able to find good food. I have never come back from a cruise craving any kind of food. Maybe sleep, but not food. Sailing on the Jewel in two weeks, saving my "fat" clothes for the end of cruise as usual Sorry new to this double posted again Sorry folks

You forgot shop for! There are so many choices I cannot imagine one would not be able to find good food. I have never come back from a cruise craving any kind of food. Maybe sleep, but not food. Sailing on the Jewel in two weeks, saving my "fat" clothes for the end of cruise as usual Sorry new to this double posted again Sorry folks

What a great idea...save fat clothes for the end!!! lol

Hi Lois, thanks for going to bat for me. should I tell them that you were one of the people who had a negative experience in the dining room and that if it were'nt for me telling Melvin, you would not have gone back? It's O.K. You're right about us having a wonderful time together and yes, we should plan another trip together. In the end it was sad to say goodbye

I did find it odd that someone who cruises so often doesnt look at the deck plan to see where the room is and what kind of room it is.

It clearly states on the NCL web site that that room is for a person with special needs.

Its also nice to know that you can socialize with folks from inside cabins to suites.

It makes you sound very shallow and pompous.

I did find it odd that someone who cruises so often doesnt look at the deck plan to see where the room is and what kind of room it is.

It clearly states on the NCL web site that that room is for a person with special needs.

In the OP's defence he/she did say that they knew it was a HC cabin "Unfortunately they don't post the layout for a handicap room. I booked through NCL directly and although I did notice the room was handicap I was still expecting it to be somewhat like the other suites. It was not. It was a different layout."

The problem appeared to come when the OP just assumed the cabins would be somewhat similar and did not research what a HC would need to be considered one and what the differences would be. And was upset because although the ship was completely full the OP expected them to do something about this because he/she was a return passenger. As yet I still haven't seen where the OP has answered anyone on what "they" were suppose to be able to do for them if all the other cabins were full. Set their bed up in the atrium?

Hi Lois, thanks for going to bat for me. should I tell them that you were one of the people who had a negative experience in the dining room and that if it were'nt for me telling Melvin, you would not have gone back? It's O.K. You're right about us having a wonderful time together and yes, we should plan another trip together. In the end it was sad to say goodbye

No prob, We had a great time.

DH wouldn't have gone back to the MD, but I'm a little more forgiving than he is.;)

It makes you sound very shallow and pompous

I spend quite a bit of time with the OP and his DW and I assure you that is not the case at all.

Sometimes the written word doesn't come off as intended.

I also have to say that I never look at the little symbols on the deck plan and I accidently book the same HC cabin for this cruise. When my TA send me an email asking if I had any special requirements that when I realized that it was HC and called to change it.

Lois

My wife thought it would be nice to experience the aft of the ship. That was the only room left. But I might say that there were many other suite choices available. I book directly with NCL and have a cruise consultant who should at this point know enough about our cruising history and about the ships themselves. As others have mentioned, it would have been nice if he was able to explain what was instore for us. We would not have booked that room. As for what they could have done, the past eight cruises we have been in the courtyard or owners suite. They could have offered us access to the courtyard, sent something to the room or any other little gesture to aknowledge that we were not happy. I understand that there were no rooms, as I stated in the original post, I could live with it. There were people eating in Cagney's every day that were in balcony or inside staterooms because they complained. I know, because I ate with them. There were people on other cruises that had use of the courtyard because they complained. And for the record, the courtyard IS a haven. And last, let me say that I do not have anything against people that require that room. I have more health issues than I care to mention and cruise to escape my own illnesses. I never meant to sound so negative but more to be informative. And if you cruise as often as I do, you would know that the food quality is greatly diminished. You may like it, I may not but recognize, it's just not the same as it was six months ago. And I did note that we were satisfied in the buffet because our expectations were of a certain level and it was more than satisfying.

Archived