UK Blog Post: Did P&O Snub Scotland?

LauraS

• Administrators

At this weekend’s first-ever Telegraph Cruise Show in Glasgow, as an estimated several thousand cruise fans wandered the halls of the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Center, the buzz reverberating throughout wasn’t just about the cruise lines that were on hand. A growing controversy was making the rounds about why P&O and Cunard, two of the [...]

More...

I just posted my reply, but in essence, yes, P&O, Cunard and the other sister companies have snubbed Scotland, which does smack a little of arrogance..

Yes it probably does cost a lot for them to attend these events, but is a perfect way to showcase their products, and also support more of the UK Cruise industry.

I bet the other cruise lines smiled to themselves as they may have nabbed quite a healthy share of the bookings.

Maybe, P&O and Cunard know their customer base and feel they don't need to advertise or sell themselves more at such an event, as they know they'll get enough regular bookings anyway and don't want any more business?

ScrozUK, gutted that I won't be able to take up RCI's offer to go to next weeks show in Birmingham!

Archived