Jeeps?

Ineedavacation2

Several companies rent jeeps. There are also 3 cruise ship piers in Cozumel, so it would be best if you knew which pier you will dock at before you reserve a jeep.

The piers are:

Puerta Maya has Alamo and Executive rentals. Right next door to this pier is...

The International pier which are where you will find Avis, Budget, Hertz, Alamo, Executive, and Marlin. Both of these piers are a couple of miles from town.

Puenta Langosta is the closest to town and an easy walk to it, so I don't think you will find rental places at the pier.

Check http://www.cozumelinsider.com for valuable information about renting vehicles in Mexico and links to Avis and a local rental company they recommend.

Now a word of warning about Jeeps in Cozumel. The rental companies in Cozumel disconnect the 4X4 shift linkage in the jeeps. You will not be able to shift into 4 wheel drive. Do not even think about going off road in one of these vehicles, especially on the sand "road" on the East side going north from Mezcalitos. You WILL get stuck in the sand. Unfortunately, I am the voice of experience telling you this. A jeep is a fun way to drive around the island for 2 adults. I feel sorry for any adult that has to ride any distance in the back seat of one however.

Have a great time.

Archived