Under Two Flags Island Tour - Opinions on Tour

BlackJack2

Posted this yesterday, but I cannot find my post today, so reposting:

Need a recommendation on the ship’s tour, “Under Two Flags Island Drive”. Has anyone been on this tour? Did you see a lot of the island? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

Posted this yesterday, but I cannot find my post today, so reposting:

Need a recommendation on the ship’s tour, “Under Two Flags Island Drive”. Has anyone been on this tour? Did you see a lot of the island? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi BlackJack2,

We did the 'Under Two Flags' tour a couple years ago and enjoyed it! The tour starts out in Philipsburg and takes you around Salt Pond and up through the mountains and through the countryside. While the countryside is beautiful, there werer parts that were rather trash laden and very impoverished as is the case with most of the islands. Once through these areas many of the views are stunnings and the driver stops several times for photo ops. We made out way over to the French side and were given 45 minutes-hour to shop and walk around. They have a great Open Air Market however it isn't open every day....I believe Wednesday is it's bustling day with the most vendors though it is open other days with less vendors as well. We were there on a slower day but still picked up some cool craft type items. We also enjoyed a couple of the patisserie's where we got saome excellent baked goods. On the way back, the driver stopped for more photo ops and deposited us back in Philipsburg. I would take the tour again as it is one of the easiest ways to get to travel to the French side. We did the three hour tour however I believe there is also one that lasts six hours where you can spend time at a the beach as well......I almost think I would do this one the next time but it all depends on if you are a beach person or not!

Enjoy your trip.....St. Maarten is my favorite island!

Soleil

Celebriy Eclipse 4/7/2012:)

Archived