Destiny- are the cabin doors magnetic? Can you tape things on the door.

vegasgirl702

I don't believe the doors are magnetic.

The best thing to use to adhere decor to your door is the tacky stuff used to hang posters. Other posters say it comes right off and won't leave a mark like tape might.

Have fun on your cruise!

Hello:). If any one can answer these questions please respond.

I want to decorate my cabin door goin into my balcony room.

Thanks,:D ahead of time.

Yes they are magnetic and yes you can tape things on the door. I just returned from Destiny on Monday (wish I was still on her) and decorated the door with all kinds of tropical stuff. I made tape worms and stuck them to the back of the decorations. Everyone who walked by admired it, even our cabin steward.

Does anybody know about the balcony doors on the Destiny? Are they sliding or do they open out? Just booked a May 2012 balcony room on her and I need to know if I have to bring my bungy cord :)

they open out, not sliding….

Does anybody know about the balcony doors on the Destiny? Are they sliding or do they open out? Just booked a May 2012 balcony room on her and I need to know if I have to bring my bungy cord :)

The balcony doors swing out. Our balcony door stayed open by itself, which has never happened on our other Carnival ships. Don't know if it was our particular door or all the doors on Destiny. It's better to have a bungee cord and not need it then need it and not have it.

they open out, not sliding….

The balcony doors swing out. Our balcony door stayed open by itself, which has never happened on our other Carnival ships. Don't know if it was our particular door or all the doors on Destiny. It's better to have a bungee cord and not need it then need it and not have it.

Thank you both. I thought I read somewhere that they slide, glad I asked. I will definately bring my bungee cord then. I'm going to need that door open to feel all that warmth :D

Glad that worked for you. Sometimes it pulls off paint and leaves marks on the doors. I have seen it and it is not pretty. :eek: Don't want another price increase to pay for paint or doors.

All the tape came right off and didn't leave a mark. I made sure I was careful.

Archived