Best Shore Excursions

SouthernActor

I will be on the Norwegian Spirit sailing from New Orleans on November 27. Was wondering which port I will be visiting has the best dolphin swim excursion; Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan or Cozumel?

Also, has anyone done the Jungle River / Zoo excursion in Belize? If so, how was that?

Thanks,

Doug ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I will be on the Norwegian Spirit sailing from New Orleans on November 27. Was wondering which port I will be visiting has the best dolphin swim excursion; Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan or Cozumel?

Also, has anyone done the Jungle River / Zoo excursion in Belize? If so, how was that?

Thanks,

Doug ;)

Hopefully I can help a little without knowing for sure :) ...

I have been to most of those ports, but haven't swam with the dolphins at any! lol - I swam with them in Hawaii, and was kinda disappointed because it wasn't really "swimming" we only got to hang on for the 5 seconds it took for them to take a picture and sell it to us later. Several may be different though...

I will, however, say that one of the coolest places we went was in Roatan - and I think you'd like it too. We LOVE animals and try to get to "play with" as many exotic animals as possible that we cant find at home. Roatan was the stop we were LEAST excited about .. but ended up being awesome. We did the Maya Key private island thing. They have an "animal sanctuary" where people turn in their old "pets" that they can't take care of anymore - monkeys, lions, etc ... they're all pretty much domesticated. My cousin was studying to be a veterinarian and so they actually let her go in the cages. There was a cute chimp who hugged us through the cage and made kissy noises! I wanted to take him home :)

Also - The snorkeling at the end of the dock was the best we have ever seen! The gear for rent wasn't the best (fins bent) so if you have your own, I'd bring it. Otherwise, just rent theirs - it did the trick for us!

Lastly, our favorite excursion we've done in Cozumel was swimming with the sea turtles. We must have seen 20 turtles all within 5 feet of us - plus tons of fish, sting rays, etc.

Hopefully I helped a little?

Archived