Frustrated!

B_Mc

I'm so annoyed with all the restrictions for pregnant women on excursions! I know, I know, my own choice to cruise, covering their behinds for liability....but at 20 weeks pregnant I can ride a bus, stand in the water, do a lot of things any non-pregnant person can do!

I've only looked at RCI excursions - are private tours any less strict???

Also, can I just say that RCI's excursions are a PITA to search....

Yes, private tours are less restrictive because they don't have the same insurance liability - but they may or may not be safer. They *may* be the SAME company RCI is offering, but you can deal directly with them -- it just depends. ;)

When I go to any port, I research the CC port of call board and see if I can't determine the vendor everyone LIKES. Then I look to see if I can't book it directly. :D

If I can, then I do - no doubt it is cheaper. Good luck!

Can I ask where you see the restrictions for your tours?......I was just on the Carnival excursions site and looked at all four ports we'll be stopping at and I only saw ONE (1) tour - four-wheel jeep driving in the desert that restricted pregnant individuals and those with back problems......But, I'm thinking common sense would kinda discourage most pregnant people or those with back problems from taking this tour.

I never even saw anything recommending pregnant people not swim, snorkel, or even take a pirate ship cruise (although I might think twice about swinging on the rope & "walking the plank" activities)......

I wonder why carnival has no problem with pregnant people on basically all of their tours but RCI would?

I would suggest you look into private tours (we always do) and choose something in your personal comfort zone.

Archived