Allure of the Seas Halloween Week Trip Report 10-30 to 11-6 with Pics

mairem17

Hey, back again! Before I start this post I would like to say that we saw more ships the night before. I only grabbed one picture of the Norwegian Pearl and it is extremely blurry, but it is that ship. Anyway after we spent some time at the fort we headed back down the hill toward the terminal area and straw market. As we walked throughout the town we saw the parliament building and you know it, Starbuck's. No we didn't go in, but I had to grab a picture just to say that they truly are everywhere. After we were done grabbing pictures of the town we did some shopping in the stores and the straw market. Since the building it was in burned down, it is now along side of the incomplete new building. Some of the things they were selling were cool, but there were hundreds of vendors all along the building and pier. Eventually we decided to ditch out after buying a few knicknacks. While walking back we did stop to take moment to sit and admire the beautiful view of the harbor. We decided that there was nothing else to do so we headed back to the ship around noon so we could enjoy the ship without a whole lot of people onboard.

We lounged out on the deck that afternoon. We also went to the zipline to try that out. It took me 5 minutes to build myself up enough to push myself off of it, but it was fun and definitely a must do. At 3 we headed to the sun deck(the area above the bridge) to watch Allure sailaway from Nassau and head on toward St. Thomas. When we were done leaving port, we just walked around the ship and took pictures all around. We just wandered around until it was time to head back to the room and gussy up for Formal Night and the Captain's Welcome Aboard Speech. Here are a few pictures of the rest of the day in Nassau and the Captain's Speech:

This is the picture of the Norwegian Pearl, I know it is blurry and hard to tell, but our friends who were onboard that ship were able to confirm it.

m73me1.jpg

This is the Parliament Building in the center of Nassau with a statue of Queen Victoria outside(i think)

3507zba.jpg

Starbuck's in Nassau. Subway is right next door.

2m5ywxj.jpg

A panoramic view of the harbor.

2wck2vb.jpg

All of the cruise ships at dock that day.

1qki8w.jpg

Allure of the Seas sailing away into the distance with rest of ships still at dock. We had to leave at 3pm in order to make it on time to St. Thomas. So when you go to Nassau on Oasis or Allure, you don't get a whole day.

k15nqb.jpg

I am having a lot of problems posting these pictures so I can't write up the next post. I will try again later to finish Day 2. Thank you!

Up Next: Captain's Speech, Oceanaria, Halloween Parade

Ok everyone, the pictures are working now!

Now where was I? Oh, after we were done getting ready, we headed over to the Main Dining Room on Deck 4 for our delicious meal. They don't have lobster the first formal night, but on the second formal night they do. We had 9:00 reservations for Oceanaria so we went back to the room to change back into comfortable clothes. On our way from the room to the Aqua Theater we stopped at the Royal Promenade to listen to the Captain's Welcome Aboard speech. The cruise director, chief engineer, captain, head chef, and many other head people on the ship were introduced and waved to everyone. When that was over we continued on our way to the Aqua Theater. When we got there (8:30) all of the lounge chair seats were taken so we just sat on the benches in the middle. This show is a must see and amazes everyone who watches it. Then you stop and realize that you are on a cruise ship and that makes you love it even more.

When the show was done we walked to the Royal Promenade to watch the Halloween Parade. Wow!! I have never seen so many people cramped into an area ever before(except for New Year's at Time Square). Anyway we still got to watch all of our fellow cruisers parade around the promenade in their costumes. Below this posting I will have a few pictures of the winning groups and people. When the parade was over and all of the prizes given out, we went back to the room to get some sleep. Back at the room our extremely attentive room steward, Allan, had made us towel animal of a ray. Until we fell asleep we liked to watch the Discovery Channel in the cabin because it only airs shows about Oasis and Allure and other Royal Caribbean cruise vacation episodes. Here are a few of the pictures that were taken that night:

Our hilarious cruise director, Allan Brooks, welcoming everyone onboard and introducing the Captain.

288obpe.jpg

Captain 'Johnny' Faevelen welcoming us to the world's largest(& greatest) cruise ship.

11kz67n.jpg

All of the head management onboard the ship.

j0ibe1.jpg

Oceanaria

etgpcl.jpg

One of the winning groups "The Wizard of Oz"

209k8eb.jpg

Our ray towel animal.

2mhg8pz.jpg

Up Next: Our Day at Sea, Dream Works Parade

Great review. Maybe I missed it, but what hotel did you stay in pre-cruise?

I booked the lowest end room at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66. The hotel is located right across from the port, so you can watch the ships come and go. The room I stayed in I was upgraded to. So if I were to of had the room I booked, I would be on the ground level in a seperate building.

The next day was our first day at sea and had alot planned. First up was the Dreamworks parade, but before we head off to the Park Cafe. I just had cereal and yogurt and my son had a bagel, fruit, and cereal. After that we headed over to the promenade to grab some good seats in front of Sorrento's. The parade didn't started for another 40 minutes, but you need to be able to get there early for good seats. After we snatched some seats and grabbed a slice of pizza, the parade began. The parade was great. We got to see all of the characters from Shrek, Madagascar, and How to Train Your Dragon among other people dressed in costume. It really made me feel like a kid again and it was just great.

After the parade we headed over to the world's sexiest man contest. That was a pretty funny time. One of the guys even wore his Austin Powers outfit from the night before to the contest. In the end it was hilarious and some of the men were just way out there in terms of they ways they answered there questions. When that contest was over it was about 1:00 and so we head to Johnny Rockets which was right across the way. For a nominal fee you get unlimited fries and onion rings, a burger of your choice, and a dessert of pie or an ice cream sundae. The food was good, but we stuffed after that so walked around for a bit.

Before heading up to the pool deck we stopped at the carousel to try that out, which is a pretty nice touch to the Boardwalk neighborhood. We slowly made our way up to the sun deck to relax. Basically for the rest of the we relaxed and just got a chance to really enjoy the ship for what it is, a great time. That night I just went by myself to the Comedy Club since my son is 15. He went to the Love and Marriage show and said he loved it. I watched it later in the cruise on the television and I don't think I ever laughed so much. Here are some pictures from the parade and other things:

This is Pinocchio coming down from the Central Park on the Rising Tide Bar.

6zymc5.jpg

Puss in Boots dancing on top of the Cupcake Cupboard.

ztp2r.jpg

The Penguins from Madagascar were dancing together in the center of the Promenade.

2qdx7i8.jpg

Johnny Rocket's Front Cover Menu

35hpgtl.jpg

The things on the screens in Aqua Theater change all of the time, but we grabbed this picture.

10s9ls3.jpg

Here is a picture of our cabin. Oceanview #3588.

9sgf9g.jpg

Up Next: Day 4 St. Thomas

Did your son enjoy the cruise and did he go to the teen club at all? Our son will be 16 when we cruise the Allure. It was his idea to take this cruise but I'd like to make sure there is plenty of fun stuff for him to do too.

Thanks

Did your son enjoy the cruise and did he go to the teen club at all? Our son will be 16 when we cruise the Allure. It was his idea to take this cruise but I'd like to make sure there is plenty of fun stuff for him to do too.

Thanks

He had the time of his life he said, but never went to the teen club. Seemed like a fun idea to me.

Sorry for the delay everyone, I have been busy putting our pictures together and being busy at work hasn't allowed me a chance to write. I will try to get back on track for the next few days so I can finish this report. Anyway, thankyou.

The next morning my son woke up early so he could watch the ship dock at Crown Bay while I slept in a little longer. Docked alongside of us that day was the Eurodam and over at Havensight pier was the Jewel of the Seas, Caribbean Princess, and the Norwegian Epic. When my son came back to the room we got dressed any headed up to the Windjammer for some breakfast. Nothing special, just the usual. After breakfast we went down to the gangway(deck 2) and disembarked the ship. We only planned to head over to Magen's Bay for awhile and then shop over at the shopping center at Havensight, since the shopping at Crown Bay isn't as good. We walked over to the taxi area and jumped in one of the open aired trucks and we were off to Magen's Bay.

We arrived at the beach about 15 minutes later, set up our towels, and decided to wade in the water for a little. Afterward we relaxed on the beach for awhile until it got really cloudy. To our disappointment it started raining and showed no sign of stopping. After waiting for half an hour we decided to go back into one of the taxis and went over to Havensight. We did a little of shopping there for awhile and then we ran over to the skyride to go up to Paradise Point. The view up there was amazing and even though it was raining, it didn't damper our mood. Those of you who want some good cruise ship or harbor pics should definitely think about coming up here. We stayed here for some time and then slowly made our way down the hill in the tram and then back to the ship.

Back at the ship we walked around, explored a little more, and did a few things that we wouldn't of had a chance to do if everyone was onboard.(flowride, rock climb, zipline) When it came to about 5:00 we went up to the fifteenth deck to watch the Eurodam pull away. After that we went back to the room to shower and prepare for our dinner at Giovanni's Table. While we were getting prepared the cruise director came on the speaker to tell everyone that one of the divers from Oceanaria has been hurt and needed to be rushed to the hospital. Because of this an ambulance came to pick him up and we left a little later than planned.

Dinner at Giovanni's was very good and would recommend it to anyone, they even have a fresh procuitto slicer. That night we went to see the Headliner show 'Tony Tillman'. He was ok, but didn't think he was great. Here are some pics from the day:

2qasduf.jpg

2ymf239.jpg

imnqq0.jpg

709jsy.jpg

15xqo11.jpg

2573alw.jpg

Up Next: Philipsburg, St. Maarten

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
Sorry for the delay everyone, I have been busy putting our pictures together and being busy at work hasn't allowed me a chance to write. I will try to get back on track for the next few days so I can finish this report. Anyway, thankyou.

The next morning my son woke up early so he could watch the ship dock at Crown Bay while I slept in a little longer. Docked alongside of us that day was the Eurodam and over at Havensight pier was the Jewel of the Seas, Caribbean Princess, and the Norwegian Epic. When my son came back to the room we got dressed any headed up to the Windjammer for some breakfast. Nothing special, just the usual. After breakfast we went down to the gangway(deck 2) and disembarked the ship. We only planned to head over to Magen's Bay for awhile and then shop over at the shopping center at Havensight, since the shopping at Crown Bay isn't as good. We walked over to the taxi area and jumped in one of the open aired trucks and we were off to Magen's Bay.

We arrived at the beach about 15 minutes later, set up our towels, and decided to wade in the water for a little. Afterward we relaxed on the beach for awhile until it got really cloudy. To our disappointment it started raining and showed no sign of stopping. After waiting for half an hour we decided to go back into one of the taxis and went over to Havensight. We did a little of shopping there for awhile and then we ran over to the skyride to go up to Paradise Point. The view up there was amazing and even though it was raining, it didn't damper our mood. Those of you who want some good cruise ship or harbor pics should definitely think about coming up here. We stayed here for some time and then slowly made our way down the hill in the tram and then back to the ship.

Back at the ship we walked around, explored a little more, and did a few things that we wouldn't of had a chance to do if everyone was onboard.(flowride, rock climb, zipline) When it came to about 5:00 we went up to the fifteenth deck to watch the Eurodam pull away. After that we went back to the room to shower and prepare for our dinner at Giovanni's Table. While we were getting prepared the cruise director came on the speaker to tell everyone that one of the divers from Oceanaria has been hurt and needed to be rushed to the hospital. Because of this an ambulance came to pick him up and we left a little later than planned.

Dinner at Giovanni's was very good and would recommend it to anyone, they even have a fresh procuitto slicer. That night we went to see the Headliner show 'Tony Tillman'. He was ok, but didn't think he was great. Here are some pics from the day:

2qasduf.jpg

2ymf239.jpg

imnqq0.jpg

709jsy.jpg

15xqo11.jpg

2573alw.jpg

Up Next: Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Hey guys! I'm going on the same october cruise you guys went on and we wanted to know more about the halloween cruise! Is there a halloween party onboard for kids and/or adults? We have kids and singles in our group of 16 going this 10/30! Any tips?