SleepInn vs LaQuinta in Baltimore

elzapato

We're debating whether to stay at the SleepInn or the LaQuinta in Baltimore before our cruise. The SleepInn currently has a cheaper rate but looks like it's in a run down area compared to the LaQuinta. The LaQuinta is closer to the cruiseport but both have shuttles. Does anyone know how the areas compare? Would our car be safe at SleepInn. Is the shuttle coming back a crapshoot at both of them? Thanks for any info!

I've heard mostly good things about the Sleep Inn despite some bad travel-site reviews. Is the area convenient to stores like Walmart or Target, etc? Some of our party is flying in and may want to pick up a few things. We won't be doing any sightseeing-just want a safe, clean place to park and sleep. I forgot to mention that the LaQuinta we're considering is in Glen Burnie, not the BWI airport one.

At this point we're actually leaning towards the Days Inn-it's right down the street from the LaQuinta and near Target, Walmart etc so we can easily pick up some last minute things. They also have a cheap advance reservation rate for the group who's flying and the park and cruise rate is only $10 more than the Sleep Inn and $20 less than the LaQuinta (via stay123). But I still haven't found anyone who's stayed there since the renovations. It's only one night so I guess we'll just take a chance.

We recently stayed at the Days Inn in Glen Burnie. Is that what you're talking about?

Yes! That's the one I'm talking about. I've heard they've been renovating. Were you happy with your stay? Did you leave your car there? Did it seem like a safe area? Thanks!

I don't remember them renovating when we were there. Our room looked exactly like the one on their website. It was a good size and seemed clean except for a small hole in the comforter (non smoking room) and a beetle on the ceiling, which we knocked down and killed. The sink was on the outside of the bathroom which was good because the interior of the rest of the bathroom was very small. We flew to Baltimore. The afternoon we arrived we walked down Ritchie Highway, ate at a Chinese Buffet, saw Walgreens...yes it looked like a safe area. Transportation to the cruise port was included. The first one left at 10:00. They had free breakfast in the morning including waffles you could make yourself which were very good. I think we paid $79 two months ago and were satisfied with our choice. Let me know if you have any more questions.

I don't remember them renovating when we were there. Our room looked exactly like the one on their website. It was a good size and seemed clean except for a small hole in the comforter (non smoking room) and a beetle on the ceiling, which we knocked down and killed. The sink was on the outside of the bathroom which was good because the interior of the rest of the bathroom was very small. We flew to Baltimore. The afternoon we arrived we walked down Ritchie Highway, ate at a Chinese Buffet, saw Walgreens...yes it looked like a safe area. Transportation to the cruise port was included. The first one left at 10:00. They had free breakfast in the morning including waffles you could make yourself which were very good. I think we paid $79 two months ago and were satisfied with our choice. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks for the info-it helps! Did they provide transportation back to the airport from the cruiseport? If so, did you have to wait long for pick-up? We'll be leaving our car at the hotel-you didn't happen to notice if they had security cameras in the parking lot did you? The rest of our group is flying in to Baltimore so they will need pick from the airport and pickup from the cruiseport. Did that go smoothly? Thanks!

Sorry didn't notice if there were security cameras or not. When we got to the airport we called and were picked up about 15 minutes later. They did not take us back to the airport after the cruise. Taxis were waiting and it was a flat rate...can't remember the price exactly...I want to say $30.00...it wasn't like the airport was around the corner, and if 3-4 people are splitting it, it's not too bad.

Name of the Game-One more question if you're still around-did you have to sign up in the morning for the shuttle to the cruiseport or was it just first come first serve? There is going to be a total of 9 in our group which will probably fill more than a van-do you remember how many passengers the van carried? Thanks! I tried e-mailing them but their e-mail is non-working and I can't call from work.

Archived