Transport from NY to Cape Liberty Port

Hi all, am from South Africa and love this forum and all the interesting stuff!please help, we are 8 cruising from New York on Voyager on July 1 2005 and i am so far unable to find a good and affordable way to get from Times Square in Manhattan to the cruise port in Bayonne, have e mailed RCCL but got no reply yet, any suggestions?? I was thinking maybe a shuttle van or similar. This will be my 3rd cruise, was on Mariner 2004 and Voyager 2003 and totally adored it. As we have such a long journey to get there would like it all to be just purrfect, so would appreciate all your advice, regards from sunny S.A:D (Our group will be myself, DH , 3 daughters and their boyfriend/friends aged 20- 28,want to start packing allready!)

I assume you're staying in the Times Square area before the cruise. There is train service from Penn Station (about 9 blocks south from Times Square) to a station at Newark Airport, which is fairly close to the Bayonne port. You should be able to get a taxi from the airport to the cruise port. The train fare from Penn Station to Newark Airport should be about four or five dollars one way. If you're staying at a hotel in Times Square, ask how much a limousine van would charge to take you to Bayonne. The Cape Liberty cruise terminal was just opened recently, and there may not be a lot of information available yet on these boards about getting there and back. Enjoy your stay in New York and your cruise!!

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed there are 8 of you. I would absolutly take cabs or higher a shuttle van. You would need to do that from Newark Airport anyway. This will save you the leg of the train and I don't think you really would save too much money. Maybe a few dollors.

Thanks so much for all the info! I have checked Carmellimo as well( someone recommended them on these boards, ) and they seem the most reasonable for a van from hotel to the port. about $110 for the van). I am surprised that Royal Carib. is not doing more to assist with advice on these very important issues , as we spend a hell of a lot of money to go cruising and just to get to the usa costs way more than the actual cruise, but what the heck, it is absolutely the ultimate vacation!Will report back afterwards !!

I'm doing the opposite route from Bayonne port to Manhattan.

We are four adults with 8 pieces of luggage. I am going to reserve a van to pick us up at the port and take us into Times Square area.

They gave me a price of $98 plus tolls and tip.

When I leave NYC to go to LaGuardia for my flight home, I will ask the hotel to get us a van or I will just call the same service to take us all to the airport.

I would not suggest taking the train from Penn Station. I used to commute to the city via LIRR and with luggage it's a nightmare. The trains are very crowded. Yes you will save money, but it's not worth it.

Hire a van service to take all of you.

Archived