Kids on Star/Mexico

Glen&Kathy

We recently returned from a January cruise on Celebrity and there were almost no children on board. Of the ones we did see, they were extremely well behaved. We are now contemplating the NCL Star on 1/12/06 and we were just wondering if anyone can share their children experience on that cruise?

Thanks!!!!!

Glen&Kathy

Hi guys!

I would expect you to be fine for a couple of reasons... 1) It's an 8 day sailing, and even that extra day makes a difference in bringing about a more mature crowd. And MOST importantly 2) you're sailing mid-January -- GREAT time to avoid hordes of kids and the overly-rowdy crowd. You'll see families, but it should be nowhere near overload.

Have a wonderful cruise, she's a lovely ship!

No! Go on the 1/4/06! We're taking our 4 kids then, it will be their first one. They'll be 13(girl), 10(boy), and 8 year old boy/girl twins. They're very excited about it. I think we're going to do the El Charro(?) horse ride. My hubby just called from down there, he's at a conference. He knew the Star would be in port so he went to get as close as he could. He said there's a little park right behind the ship and he could throw a rock at it he was so close. He also said it is just huge! We were on the Elation in '03 last. He said it's much prettier than he thought it would be. He thought the decals were hokey before, but said actually, they're very nice.

If you change your day, let us know. My dh is highschool principal, I'm a SAHM.

We just got off the 3/29 sailing of the Star. I knew it was the week after Easter but also thought the mid-week, 8 day cruise thing would eliminate lots of kids. I was wrong. There were 600 kids onboard!!!! They ranged in age from tiny babies to teens.

Good news- even though there were lots of kids, there were no problems. The kids club and teen club appeared to be at full capacity most of the time. It was a really enjoyable mix of people of all ages. Parents seemed to have rules in place and NCL kept an eye on things.

The most anoying folks on board were the drunken 40 year old women who just couldn't behave at the shows!

We had a fantastic cruise and the fun of having families on board added to that experience.

thanks for the info everyone. We can't wait to go. Our thoughts reflected those of Splatitudes but we were just curious to see what others have experienced.

Angelsx4, we'd love to meet you but this is the only time we can go.

Thanks again everyone!

Archived