Silver Cloud May 29th Mediterranean Shore excursions

abrusia

We are taking the Silversea mediterranean cruise - this is our first Silversea cruise. We are definitely doing the Pompeii excursion!!! But I am wondering for the Livorno and Portofino excursions...should I spend the $142 per person for a wine/olive oil tasting in Tuscany and $115 per person for a San Fruttuoso and Camogli cruise/tour OR should I try to do something on our own which may be just as exciting but less expensive - your help is appreciated!!!! Toni

We are taking the Silversea mediterranean cruise - this is our first Silversea cruise. We are definitely doing the Pompeii excursion!!! But I am wondering for the Livorno and Portofino excursions...should I spend the $142 per person for a wine/olive oil tasting in Tuscany and $115 per person for a San Fruttuoso and Camogli cruise/tour OR should I try to do something on our own which may be just as exciting but less expensive - your help is appreciated!!!! Toni

Livorno we have done Florence and Pisa/Lucca-both were good. We did do an 8 hour endurance contest bus trip once in Tuscany--it was pretty, and we had wine tasting etc--it was ok but a long day!

Portofino we have been there at least 6 times--never left the port area--its beautiful--lots of shops and great little resturants. The Splendito Hotel is a short walk. Our daughter took a walking tour on our last trip, and was sorry she didn't stay close to town.

Pompeii is spectaculer, and should not be missed!

Thanks for the reply. Have you cruised on the Silver Cloud before? I was told because it's the "Mediterranean" it's more of a casual cruise - no Tux's required. The last thing we want to do is drag Tux's to Europe for our 11 day trip - anything you can provide would be helpful!

Thanks for the reply. Have you cruised on the Silver Cloud before? I was told because it's the "Mediterranean" it's more of a casual cruise - no Tux's required. The last thing we want to do is drag Tux's to Europe for our 11 day trip - anything you can provide would be helpful!

Toni,see my reply to you on the Europe board.We have been on the Cloud and although there was a formal night(s) my DH wore a suit as we were on a long trip besides the cruise and did not want to bring a lot of fussy clothes. Neither on of us felt out of place.We are on the Wind this year and will do the same.One can't worry what other's think as life is to short.They are nice smaller ships and I enjoy being on them...just go and enjoy yourselves and all will fall into place.

I must add a PS though..getting out in Tuscany is a real treat and I think they would do a superb job with the wine tasting trip,and it would be easier to do with SS than on your own.

Archived