Dawn Beach, still at good spot?

Leafs Fan

I havn't been to Dawn beach in a couple of years. It was really good then with cheap coors light. Is it still the same? I am trying to decide where to go when I'm in St. Martaan in January. If not Dawn any other suggestins for a nice beach spot?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
I havn't been to Dawn beach in a couple of years. It was really good then with cheap coors light. Is it still the same? I am trying to decide where to go when I'm in St. Martaan in January. If not Dawn any other suggestins for a nice beach spot?

Cheers

No new changes in the last couple of years at Dawn Beach.

I was there about a week and a half ago. Beers are now $1.00. There was quite a bit of sea weed on the shorelone but it didnt bother us. It was a little more crowded than the last time but there were a couple of big ships in that day. Still like it a lot better than Orient or that horrible beach by the shopping street, I think its called Great Bay, yuck.

Sounds like a nice spot for our family to visit for the day. Just a few questions:

1) How much for a taxi there? And are there plenty of taxis to return to the ship?

2) Are the $1 beers from Mr. Busby's? Is there inexpensive options for food there too?

3) Are there lounge chairs to rent there? Or is there a resort nearby that we can get passes for there to use the facilities?

4) Any water activities to rent there too?

This place sounds like a great child-friendly option ... instead of Orient Beach ;)

Thank you!

I would also like to know how much a taxi would cost to Dawn Beach. Also, is Pointe Blanche a good choice if one doesn't care about loungers, umbrellas, or beer. Just want to swim at a beach. It looks a lot closer to the ship. How much would a taxi be to go there? Thanks.

I would also like to know how much a taxi would cost to Dawn Beach. Also, is Pointe Blanche a good choice if one doesn't care about loungers, umbrellas, or beer. Just want to swim at a beach. It looks a lot closer to the ship. How much would a taxi be to go there? Thanks.

No Pointe Blanche is not a good swimming beach at all.

Archived