RCI Enchantment of the Seas 12/31/11 Ringing in the New Year 2012 in Style!

unisphere-roy

My partner and I are taking our first cruise and looking forward relaxing, exploring new places and meeting new friends. We would love to hear from others that will be on this same cruise. Being new to cruising, we are always looking forward to tips to make our trip a success.

Roy (and Billy)

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible that we could be the only couple on this cruise? If so, we'll have a great time but it seems like there must be others out there booked on this cruise. Let us know if you are going to be there to ring in the New Year on the way to the Bahamas. Thanks!

Roy:)

• 3 weeks later...
Is it possible that we could be the only couple on this cruise?

On a post Thanksgiving cruise this year there were only 6 people on board. The FOD was empty, empty, empty.

It was a very strange cruise. I don't think I'll leave from Baltimore ever again.

On a post Thanksgiving cruise this year there were only 6 people on board. The FOD was empty, empty, empty.

It was a very strange cruise. I don't think I'll leave from Baltimore ever again.

What do you mean by "very strange"? Just that there were only 6 FOD on board or that some part of the cruise itself was strange.

We attended a same sex wedding on the "Enchantment..." in August 2010 before a 5 day cruise to Bermuda. The ship seemed so very nice which prompted us to book of first ever cruise for 12/31/11 on the same ship. I wished we could have joined the happy couple on the trip to Bermuda...about 60 of the 100 guests at the wedding stayed on board for the cruise and all seemed to have a wonderful time.

I'm very interested in your thoughts...especially since you are such a seasoned cruiser. Thanks in advance!

Roy

What do you mean by "very strange"? Just that there were only 6 FOD on board or that some part of the cruise itself was strange.

I try to put as politely as I can - I'm used to Celebrity as my comparison point for straight cruises. The clientele is different, the activities are different, and the level of service is different. Maybe I'm spoiled by taking longer cruises to exotic destinations (Panama Canal, Transatlantic) that attracts different kind of crowd; I prefer the understated luxury feeling which this ship does not have.

Couple that with some service problems and answers from staff that means to just please and make you go away without solving the problem just left a lot to be desired.

I'm sorry. Am I understanding you correctly, that there were only 6 people on the ship?

We are on the Feb 6 cruise on Enchantment and have taken two other cruises out of Baltimore. Both ships were sold out.

I'm sorry. Am I understanding you correctly, that there were only 6 people on the ship?

We are on the Feb 6 cruise on Enchantment and have taken two other cruises out of Baltimore. Both ships were sold out.

No - there were only 6 LGTB people on board. I wish the ship was not sold out.

Archived