1st time Solo on the Epic 25th April 2012

allexcited

Just got the 45 day bookings in!!!!! :D

Blue Man Group, Cirque and Ledgends all done. Cant wait!! My friend and I have just done the 'going through the wardrobe' stuff and just cant decide what to take as we're not sure what the weathers going to be like:confused:

Sooooo looking forward to this, living up to my user name!:)

Just got the 45 day bookings in!!!!! :D

Blue Man Group, Cirque and Ledgends all done. Cant wait!! My friend and I have just done the 'going through the wardrobe' stuff and just cant decide what to take as we're not sure what the weathers going to be like:confused:

Sooooo looking forward to this, living up to my user name!:)

You will have an amazing time, you pack for sun, and coolness and you'll be fine!! So summer clothes, with something warmer for cooler days :) The transatlantic EPIC is coming up soon... I can't wait!!!!!!!

Was a time I dreaded the thought of cruising solo. Find a great happy hour place and set yourself up as a regular. Start mentioning it to other fun people you meet, get business cards to pass out (free at vistaprints . com). And if you want to meet really fun people, go to one of the LGBT happy hour meetings! (You don't have to be one so long as you are open minded.)

I wish more ships could cater to solo cruisers with cabins and lounges! Have a blast, and maybe we'll meet on board one day!

Thanks guys, good advice!

Kirsty, let me know how the transatlantic goes still musing over Breakaway inaugral!

Good sailing and calm waters to all:)

Me too - I think i'm going to be strong and wait a few years for Breakaway prices to come down!! I'd want a studio I think, and flight prices still not known for the inaugral

• 1 month later...

Well on the last week run up, cant wait!! It feels as if I booked this soooo long ago and I cant believe its just around the corner! :D

I know there's not been many posts on this thread but Id just like to say to anyone going on this cruise, happy sailing to everyone and Im so looking forward to checking out the solo lounge and meeting new people. As I found last time, if you recognise my photo dont be afraid to say hi .Couldnt beleive how many people from the last trips thread recognised each other!:)

Cheers!

Jan

Kirsty R

I too thought the Breakaway Southampton to New York but as you say flights are extortionate. Some advocate buying the return fare (and just using the one way bit)

I have therefore put Breakaway on the back burner!!

• 2 weeks later...
Kirsty R

I too thought the Breakaway Southampton to New York but as you say flights are extortionate. Some advocate buying the return fare (and just using the one way bit)

I have therefore put Breakaway on the back burner!!

I'm looking at Breakaway either new york/bermuda, or carribean cruise, or EPIC in the carribean as my next one. Breakaway has 2 year contract and won't be doing other cruises for a while. I'm also eager to see what getaway will bring in 2014.

The TA as a solo was ace... NCL do a fabby job at arranging a daily meeting for ALL solo's not just studios, the lounge is to die for - real bean to cup coffee!!!, and I always found a dinner buddy through the lounge... Would totally recommend the studio set up on EPIC!! :)

I have a cruise reward deposit to use within the next 4 years... think it will be used a long time before then!!

Archived