1st time Solo on the Epic 25th April 2012

allexcited

Hi All

My daughter and I had a great time on the Epics 9th October 2011 sailing for a couple of special birthdays now Im hooked! :D

Ive just booked this 4 day mini cruise as a treat and its the first time Ive travelled solo. A cruise critic buddy showed us the studio set up on our last cruise and Im realy looking forward to the experience.

Im quite a sociable person and hope to meet other solos on the boards before I go but there seems nothing on the solo threads about this sailing yet, maybe its a bit early! It would be great if anyone would like to chip in even if its just to confirm Im not the only one booked on the cruise!:eek:

Hi All

My daughter and I had a great time on the Epics 9th October 2011 sailing for a couple of special birthdays now Im hooked! :D

Ive just booked this 4 day mini cruise as a treat and its the first time Ive travelled solo. A cruise critic buddy showed us the studio set up on our last cruise and Im realy looking forward to the experience.

Im quite a sociable person and hope to meet other solos on the boards before I go but there seems nothing on the solo threads about this sailing yet, maybe its a bit early! It would be great if anyone would like to chip in even if its just to confirm Im not the only one booked on the cruise!:eek:

You should check if there is a roll call for your sailing. that is where you would find information about other solos on your sailing, not on the solo thread. Good luck and have fun.....

Thanks, Ive tried that. There is one thread started a while ago but no replies bar mine and one other. Never mind maybe nearer the time there will be more activity.

Think I was spoilt on the thread for the previous sailing as it was very lively with lots of contributors!

Hey I hope you have a great time on epic! wish I was going, I did look when it was $350 but its gone up.... I like majorca not sure about france but could always stay on the ship. I know how you feel my rollcall is dead too! hope you meet lots of people onboard anyway and have a great time

Hey All excited!

Good to see you on the boards - that was a great cruise on the 9th Oct! Amazing that we found ourselves sitting next to each other at Cirque! I bored everyone with my photos and couldn't stop talking about my solo adventure! Although I cruise with DH and kids it was great to do my own thing for a week. It also meant that I got talking to other people!

Glad to hear you have booked up a studio! I am soooo jealous! Even if you don't manage to make contact with any solos on the CC boards, just make sure you make the first 1-2 social get togethrs in the Studios living room - usually 1800 hrs each night. Your hostess (may be the lovely Natalie) will turn up and soon everyone will feel like they have known each other within a short space of time. There is also a board to put dates of getting together to go for meals so you will not be alone for long! A group of us (4-8 approx) went for dinner every single night to different venues. You will soon be out and about in groups!

If I can save the money, I am planning to do the same cruise as a solo next September - for the friendships and the weather and being totally spoilt by NCL! It was such a blast!

take care

Carol:)

Hey Carol!!!!

Lovely to hear from you!!!!:D

Jess says hi by the way. We were only talking about you the other day and the "guy in the bath" routine at Cirque (not as sweet and innocent as we thought my dear daughter!:eek:). She's made up you showed us your cabin as she happpy with the safety aspect and realy envious she's not going on this one. :(

You won me over to have a go solo so Im looking foreward to the adventure! From what you say it sounds well organised so Ive no worries about when I get there, just thought the board on this sailing would be as lively as the other!

Who knows if Im still hooked later on in the year we may see each other for another Epic adventure!!!:)

you take care too and thanks for your company,it was fun!

Janx

Hey Mitsugirly,

Thanks for the photos the lighting effects look fun! Is the guy a fixture of the room? ;) better than the usual coffee maker!!! Lol :D

Really looking forward to going solo for the first time. Ive traveled on my own to meet up with friends abroad but never done a holiday without someone in tow. Happy with the Epic as felt at home and well cared for by the crew.

The excursions seem cheap for France so going with NCL on this one rather than looking to share a private tour.

Thanks for the contact!

Hey Mitsugirly,

Thanks for the photos the lighting effects look fun! Is the guy a fixture of the room? ;) better than the usual coffee maker!!! Lol :D

Really looking forward to going solo for the first time. Ive traveled on my own to meet up with friends abroad but never done a holiday without someone in tow. Happy with the Epic as felt at home and well cared for by the crew.

The excursions seem cheap for France so going with NCL on this one rather than looking to share a private tour.

Thanks for the contact!

You are welcome for the pictures. He said he'll be a coffee maker if he can go on the cruise. :D

Ha Ha brings a new meaning to Coffee Mate! :D (not sure if you have that in the USA, it a cream powder you add to coffee). Glad you enjoyed the solo set up looking foteward to it (and the cookies and speciality coffee in the lounge!)

Yep, we have Coffee Mate. That's what my husband uses. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Ah well my solo exploit was short lived! My friend has decided to go so we will be getting 2 solo cabins if she can sort flights! Still all the fun of the solo lounge but with a friend in tow.

Hope every one has a lovely Xmas and see you for Epic dventures in the new year!:)

Hey Nicklemouse, Aint it always the way! I tried to go to London on my own once and ended up going with 4 friends spending time in the pub rather than going round the museums:o

Kirsty R, you will have a ball!!! I loved the Epic. Ive got a day in the spa planned all on my ownsome so cant wait!:D

Im looking at Solo with a friend on the Breakaway next- yes Im hooked:eek:!

Hi All

Hi there!Yeah,I have booked 02/09/13....talk about being Solo!

Hey Pinot Noir, yep not so solo all the way! Friends booking all sorted so the complete solo experience is on hold for this one.

Realy looking forward to going back on the Epic and showing her round and experiencing the bits I missed last time.

Looking at the Breakaway's Southampton -New York sailing at the moment again Solos X 2!:D

• 1 month later...

Ah just bought new kitchen in the sale so another cruise this year out of the question. Never mind, Breakaway sailing shelved!

Really looking forward to the April 25th Epic 4 day sailing. I purchased a 150$ retainer for future 6+ day cruise last Oct sailing but its valid for 4 years so sure it will be used by then.

PS-My heart goes out to those caught up in the Costa disaster.

Hey Pinot Noir, yep not so solo all the way! Friends booking all sorted so the complete solo experience is on hold for this one.

Realy looking forward to going back on the Epic and showing her round and experiencing the bits I missed last time.

Looking at the Breakaway's Southampton -New York sailing at the moment again Solos X 2!:D

I was looking at Breakaway too, but the one way flights crippled me! I think i'll do a Breakaway new york cruise sometime next year instead.

I was looking at Breakaway too, but the one way flights crippled me! I think i'll do a Breakaway new york cruise sometime next year instead.

Did you look at what NCL was charging for Air/Cruise packages?? It might be cheaper in the long run if you want to do that transatlantic.

The cruise/air packages weren't online last time I looked as it was too early (via the UK site anyway), they are still expensive bearing in mind I could get a return flight for around £400 (its usually over £1000 extra even with NCL's package). Bearing in mind, i wouldn't mind spending a few days upstate new york with my brother too.

Hi All

Wow a couple of posts, excellent!

When I was looking at the Breakaway NCL mentioned I could delay my flight home for a couple of days for sight seeing. They had hotels they could recomend the only thing Id loose would be the airport transfer.

As you say its way too far ahead to look at sorting your own flights as the pricing wont be up yet. Good luck though really envious would love to go on an inaugral and always wanted to go to New York so that would have been the perfect cruise.

Fingers crossed for the lottery lol!;)

Archived