Cruising End of Month, No Air Fare Yet...

Any ideas? Air Fare is so expensive and has been, not that its going to get cheaper but I cannot find anything less than almost 700 per person. We have no problem driving albeit a long drive if we have to but would love a 2 hour flight instead for the right price. Chicago to New Orleans.

Also can anyone recommend a hotel close to the pier, somewhere we can stay the night before and get to the pier in the morning with minimal problems?

Thanks To All!

Any ideas? Air Fare is so expensive and has been, not that its going to get cheaper but I cannot find anything less than almost 700 per person. We have no problem driving albeit a long drive if we have to but would love a 2 hour flight instead for the right price. Chicago to New Orleans.

Also can anyone recommend a hotel close to the pier, somewhere we can stay the night before and get to the pier in the morning with minimal problems?

Thanks To All!

What dates are you looking for....... Just checked orbitz and is showing $274 PP from Chicago to MSY 4/29 - 5/8/05:confused:

What dates are you looking for....... Just checked orbitz and is showing $274 PP from Chicago to MSY 4/29 - 5/8/05:confused:

Look at the OPs countdown clock. They're sailing on the 24th, in which case the airfare *is* well over $400/pp.

All Airfare Has Gone Up Since About End Of March, We Booked Destiny For 2/12/06 And Couldnt Buy Air Until March 23 ( Had To Be 331 Days Out Or Less ) Bought 2 Roundtrip Tics To San Juan For A Total Of 719.40. Checked The Next Day And They Already Went Up 100.00. Just Checked Yesterday And The New Total For 2 Roundtrip Is About 1080.00. Unless You Can Get A Cheap Standby Ticket I Think You Might Be Out Of Luck. One Solution Is Plan On Driving But Leave Early Enough To Stop At Airport And Checkout Standby Tickets. If No Luck Just Jump In Car And Drive.

I'd hate to ask because I'm sure you looked into this but did you check out Midway on Southwest to MSY? $394.80 after taxes pp

Your in the less than 21-days time period now. Prices are only going to go up from here on out unless you can find a super saver last minute

We're going on the Conquest 5/8/2005. When I checked flights from Dallas everything was over $700.00. Then I checked Southwest and got 2 round trip tickets for $481.80. As far as a hotel, I found the Holiday Inn-CHATEAU LEMOYNE. It looks like it's the next street over from Bourbon street. Price was $151.95. Seemed like a good price for New Orleans. Here's a link http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/msycl. Maybe this will help.

Archived