Starting December 1, Anyone With Me?

travln1234

Ann: I may have missed an earlier post: is there an upcoming cruise you're trying to lose weight for? Mine's in 2 months-yikes! Those MiracleSuit ads are starting to look good! Anyone know if you can breathe in them?

Ann: Your 5:45 a.m. workouts are inspiring, daunting! I usually exercise after work--once I tried it in the a.m. and afterwards I was walking around in the parking lot extremely confused about what I was supposed to be doing! Hang in there, all..Amy

Only one dance workout this week and TWO Christmas parties, yikes! Yesterday's weigh-in only had me down .1lb; still, that's 6.1lbs total from three weeks ago. Time to hit it hard to get my metabolism ready for Christmas dinner(s - x2!!)

Ann: I may have missed an earlier post: is there an upcoming cruise you're trying to lose weight for? Mine's in 2 months-yikes! Those MiracleSuit ads are starting to look good! Anyone know if you can breathe in them?

Amy, we are leaving out of San Juan on Serenade of the Seas on March 10th... so this challenge is RIGHT up my alley!!!

Ann: Your 5:45 a.m. workouts are inspiring, daunting! I usually exercise after work--once I tried it in the a.m. and afterwards I was walking around in the parking lot extremely confused about what I was supposed to be doing!

I started out kind of dazed as well - LOL! But now I'm really into them. I really don't know what to do when I get there though... I start off doing 20 minutes or a mile on the treadmill... which ever comes first. Then I wander off and do some different machines, along with my crunches.

I've asked for personal training sessions for Christmas, but my DH thinks that's somewhat offensive to give your wifey Personal Training sessions. I don't know how to convince him that's what I really want!

Ann

Hoping I don't get totally derailed by the holidays. Going to Montreal for a few days where we love to EAT but I've mapped out a plan and tho I won't lose I might not gain too much and I'll stay in the mode. I'll try. (I'm limiting myself to one pastry per day lol). One difficulty is that my sciatica is bothering me and a lot of walking which we usually do probably won't be possible. Any suggestions? Our hotel has a hot tub but no pool. I think I have to really try to enjoy the taste of food and not the quantity. Quantity can be fruit and my oatmeal in the a.m. Are other folks mapping out a plan?

• 2 weeks later...

So - I guess I'll be doing a major RESET!

I went snow skiing over the New Year's holiday and ate lots of ugly food, since we ended up going out every evening. Lunches were bar food: burgers, chicken strips, etc.

I got on the scale today and found I was up 5 POUNDS! Blasted holidays.

Today is my birthday, so friends and family are taking me out to dinner tonight. Yummm and yuck all the same time. I think they picked Italian. not too much healthy there.

So rather than agonize over it all, I'm just going to get back into the gym starting tomorrow morning. It's really all you can do!

Ann

Just wanted to share my success - as of Saturday I was down 10lbs from my starting weight on Dec 1st. On Sunday I started a new diet plan that has me consuming no more than 500cal one day and eating normally (without bingeing!) the next. Yesterday I stuck to my calorie limit by making two huge smoothies with spinach, parsley, orange juice and mixed berries and a slice of toast with peanut butter in the middle of the day. All that fibre made the "fast" easy to tolerate, and this morning I woke up without feeling hungry and down another 3.6lbs - I expect to get some of this back because today is an "eat normally" day, but hopefully it's the start of a trend. I certainly feel like this is something I could stick with!

Ann: the holidays were lousy for me too. I'm finally back to the weight I was a month ago! May need to make a change to jumpstart it again. My cruise is in 38 days so I am scared. Not a comfortable feeling. Do I really have to appear in public in a bathing suit soon? I love coverups! Long ones! Or serapes! Maybe I can just swim in pants. I refuse to wear one of those bathing suits with a huge skirt. (But I do wear a skirted bottom with my tankini top). OK Amy, think positive: at least I'm 4 pounds less than I was 6 weeks ago. A good goal at this point would be not to gain it back again!

Best of luck to everyone. This is tough.

So - I guess I'll be doing a major RESET!

I went snow skiing over the New Year's holiday and ate lots of ugly food, since we ended up going out every evening. Lunches were bar food: burgers, chicken strips, etc.

I got on the scale today and found I was up 5 POUNDS! Blasted holidays.

Today is my birthday, so friends and family are taking me out to dinner tonight. Yummm and yuck all the same time. I think they picked Italian. not too much healthy there.

So rather than agonize over it all, I'm just going to get back into the gym starting tomorrow morning. It's really all you can do!

Ann

Hi Ladies! I'm in the same boat. Didn't do well over the holidays at all. But, I made a decision to start over again, and I'm down 6 lbs. Just weighed myself today for the first time this year and was pleasantly surprised. I started using myfitnesspal.com on my Kindle to track my food and exercise. Juicing twice per day- before breakfast and when I get home in the evening. I noticed that I'm fine eating at work since I bring all my food to work, but when I get home I need to watch it. So the juicing fills me up so I'm not snacking as much as I used to before dinner. Seems like it's working!

Keep it up everyone! You can do it :).

• 2 weeks later...

Our thread seems to be slowing down lately - c'mon ladies, we can do this - TOGETHER! I am down 16.6lbs from our Dec 1st start date and I'm about to go grocery shopping and try to select the things I'll need to stick with this for another week.

I'm drinking lots of water with lemon throughout the day and a SlimFast blended into a smoothie with a lot of crushed ice for lunch, followed by a low cal dinner (lately I have been experimenting with shrimp and scallops), four days a week. On weekends, I know I'll be with my DH who is a terrible influence, so I allow myself a little more leeway but still try to make healthy choices. I also take pity on him one day a week and cook actual meat for dinner so that he doesn't dissolve away into nothing - the man is a beanpole at 6'4"!

I want to hear from all of you! How is it going?

I hope you don't mind a new participant on this thread. I realize that most posters on this board are women, so hopefully a male addition is not an issue.

I just have to say to Enborgle - A loss of 16.6 lbs is amazing since December 1st! Congratulations! :D

I was 230 lbs on a June 2011 cruise and I didn't like how some of my picture turned out. As of the start of the year I'm down to 215 lbs and my goal is to be below 200 lbs before my next cruise on May 27th.

I've been using the treadmill daily and eating healthy, but I need something to push myself to a higher level. I've contacted a local gym and they suggested trying a free drop-in boot camp fitness class on Wednesday the 25th. The gym specializes in mixed martial arts, brazilian fighting, and hand to hand combat. Hopefully I'll post on the Thursday the 26th if I'm not too sore from that experience. :cool:

I hope you don't mind a new participant on this thread. I realize that most posters on this board are women, so hopefully a male addition is not an issue.

I just have to say to Enborgle - A loss of 16.6 lbs is amazing since December 1st! Congratulations! :D

I was 230 lbs on a June 2011 cruise and I didn't like how some of my picture turned out. As of the start of the year I'm down to 215 lbs and my goal is to be below 200 lbs before my next cruise on May 27th.

I've been using the treadmill daily and eating healthy, but I need something to push myself to a higher level. I've contacted a local gym and they suggested trying a free drop-in boot camp fitness class on Wednesday the 25th. The gym specializes in mixed martial arts, brazilian fighting, and hand to hand combat. Hopefully I'll post on the Thursday the 26th if I'm not too sore from that experience. :cool:

Welcome aboard! I know what you mean about not liking some of your photographs - sometimes I swear I have the opposite of body dysmorphia disorder; I think I look great in the mirror, then look back at photos from the same day and think, "*** happened?"

Let us know how the bootcamp session goes. You are far braver than I.

I know what you mean about not liking some of your photographs - sometimes I swear I have the opposite of body dysmorphia disorder; I think I look great in the mirror, then look back at photos from the same day and think, "*** happened?" Let us know how the bootcamp session goes.

enborgle, we must have the same reverse body dysmorphia disorder condition. I'm still recovering from the bootcamp session two days ago on Wednesday night. I have never pushed myself so hard and I have never felt that I would become sick to my stomach during a workout before. The class did 10 sets of every exercise with only 10 seconds of rest between sets. We did 3 different types of pushups, lunges with kick ups and squats with kettle balls. I'll be signing up for a one month membership next week. How is your week going? Have you made any changes to your workout or diet plans? How much more weight are you planning to lose before your cruise?

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone still working at it? I walked 4 miles this morning. Hope to go again tomorrow.

Good for you! Are you seeing results?

I am still keeping at it, but haven't lost anything since my last weigh-in. Down 20lbs since Dec 1st, another 13 to go before my cruise and hopefully a further loss of 25lbs after that.

Archived