Reception Timeline

Hi Cruise Couples!

I am looking at our reception and wonder if anyone can give me some insight about length of the reception. We are doing our ceremony at sunset so everyone will have eaten dinner by then. I was wondering is an hour long reception long enough to have time for the guests to dance plus have the first dance, mother/groom dance & father/bride dance with out feeling rushed through it all? I am wondering if we should add the other hour, if it is an option. I know the rest of the ship by that time will be one big party anyway but I still don't want to speed through our private portion of it. We are asking everyone to take a 7 day cruise and will only really require everyone to be there for our event for about 1h 20min or so. Everything else planned is optional.Any insight will be appreciated.

I think it depends on how many wedding-ish things your doing. If its just the dancing with the rents and your guys's dance I think you would have enough time. Will you be having the cake cutting and bouquet toss and all that jazz too? Then that might be a lot in a little amount of time?

Will you be having a grand entrance? Announcing any wedding party people, then you guys? You maybe then could start with the first dance. If there are any toasts I like it when they break up the father/daughter dance and mother/son dance. But that's just me, I've been to a bazillion weddings.

Maybe you could go to a bar for a cocktail hour or just go as a group to party on the boat. That's what we are planning to do.

I think it depends on how many wedding-ish things your doing. If its just the dancing with the rents and your guys's dance I think you would have enough time. Will you be having the cake cutting and bouquet toss and all that jazz too? Then that might be a lot in a little amount of time?

Will you be having a grand entrance? Announcing any wedding party people, then you guys? You maybe then could start with the first dance. If there are any toasts I like it when they break up the father/daughter dance and mother/son dance. But that's just me, I've been to a bazillion weddings.

Maybe you could go to a bar for a cocktail hour or just go as a group to party on the boat. That's what we are planning to do.

We are doing the dances, toasts and maybe the cake cutting. Thats it. The rest of the time we will have to just dance. This will be the only gathering though, since we are doing it at sunset, we will not be doing a dinner or anything. We figure we will scout out the boat to see where we want to party that night. From What I have been told, our reception will be in the Stardust lounge or the Spinnaker, don't know about the entrance, our ceremony and reception will most likely be in the same location. I just hope we have no early party crashers.

Archived